This is one unbelievable dessert! It’s fresh, homemade Crepes filled with Chocolate Mascarpone Cream and topped with homemade Raspberry Amaretto Sauce. This is a decadent dessert, full of flavor and class!
I was laying in bed the other night, minding my own business, watching TV. All of a sudden, I jumped up because I had a brilliant idea pop into my head. (Don’t we all do that? Don’t we all have note pads laying around the house just for those moments?) I wanted to make a decadent crepe dessert and I wanted to make it now! Of course, it was almost midnight and there was no way I would be cooking at midnight. (Not that I’ve never done that before.)
I knew that I wanted to make chocolate mascarpone filling for my crepes because after my Mascarpone frosting on Strawberry Cupcakes, I’ve been craving more of this delicious light cream. This time, I needed to make it chocolate and oh…my…gawd!
Best part about this amazing dessert is the combination of light chocolate cream and raspberry sauce. I know there are many of us who are suckers for chocolate/raspberry flavor combo and there is a reason for that. It’s awesome! I decided to be adventurous and added amaretto to my raspberry sauce…why not?!
Let me just say, you’re gonna need a cigarette after this desert (if you know what I’m saying)!! Yeap, it’s that good!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Note* You will get much more crepes than filling. Filling is enough for 8-10 crepes, depending of how much you put in each crepe.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup veggie oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 cups of boiling water*
- Consistency should be like melted ice cream!
- Chocolate Mascarpone Cream:
- 8 oz Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz melted baking chocolate
- Raspberry Amaretto Sauce:
- 6 oz raspberries
- 3 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Rub a fry pan with oil but don't pour the oil. Preheat the pan on medium high heat. If using a newer non stick pan, you may not need to grease the pan but if you will be using an old pan, you will need to rub the pan with oil before every crape. (You can pour some oil on a piece of paper towel.)
- Combine flour, eggs, milk, oil, salt, sugar and baking soda. Whisk all well.
- Slowly, start adding 1/4 cup of the hot water at a time into the batter. Whisking constantly until the batter reaches the consistency of melted ice cream.
- Pour about half a ladle into the hot pan and swirl slowly.
- Cook for a few seconds on each side.
- Mascarpone Cream:
- (Use whisk attachment here and have melted chocolate ready) in a bowl of an electric mixer, add the mascarpone cheese and heavy whipping cream. Start on low to mix the ingredients and gradually increase the speed over a few seconds to medium-high. Do not walk away, this will be ready fast! Slowly pour in the sugar. Beat on medium-high until soft peaks form and gradually lower the speed, over a couple of seconds. While lowering the speed, drizzle in chocolate and mix until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and fold the cream until no more streaks are visible.
- Raspberry sauce:
- In a small sauce pot, combine raspberries, sugar, Amaretto and lemon juice. Mash berries with a wooden spoon. Bring to a low boil over medium heat. Cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Strain the juice in a fine strainer (you can use the leftovers in pancakes in the morning) and cool completely.
- To assemble this dessert, fill each crepe with as much filing as your heart desires, roll it and drizzle with raspberry sauce on top!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great pops recipes from other bloggers:
Crepes with Coffee Mascarpone from Diethood
Vanilla Bean Crepes with Peaches and Cream from Cooking Classy
Creamy Lemon Blueberry Crepes from Picky Palate
More Recipes To Love:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!