Wonderful roasted chicken dinner and it’s so easy to make! Chicken breast marinated in chili-lime marinate and roasted to juicy perfection!
Oh my gosh…I’m definitely in a home stretch here!! TWO weeks left until I graduate!!
It’s been crunch time like you wouldn’t believe. I’m finishing my last paper and have to handle all the gradation details. I can’t believe that it’s so close. I am nearly done! Well, I’ll be done with this degree. Feels like I’ll never be done with the next one. Ph.D. work will be the longest one yet but I have a good feeling about it. Even though I’m scared to death, I’m excited to do some “grown up” academic work. So please, wish me luck getting into the program I want to get into, everyone!!
These last couple of weeks, cooking is suffering a bit and I have to stick to easy recipes. This Chili Lime Roasted Chicken can’t get any easier! All you have to do is throw the ingredients in a bowl, marinade chicken and then roast it for about an hour. Easy and to die for!
I recommend using chicken on bone and with skin still on because it will be a little more flavorful and juicy. You can of course use boneless/skinless chicken breast if you can’t find breast on bone. You can also throw in some cut-up potatoes and carrots in the skillet to roast with chicken. Or you can serve it with a side salad, which is what I like to do.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 2 large chicken breasts on bone
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp chile powder (I used Ancho Chile Powder)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp fresh minced cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 large lime
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Slice half the lime in thin slices to be added to the chicken, then zest and juice the remaining half for the marinade. Whisk all ingredients, except chicken, in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken breasts and coat them in the mixture very well. Try to get some of the mixture under the skin so the flavors cook through more.
- Marinade chicken breasts for about 15 minutes.
- Place on a seasoned cast iron skillet (you can use a baking dish as well, or a roasting pan), spread the marinade over chicken and bake for 60-75 minutes, depending on the size of chicken breasts. Cut into the thickest part of the chicken and press lightly. If juice runs out clear, it's ready.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
More Dinner Ideas From Me!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!