So much favor packed into a little mushroom and onion slider sandwich! These sliders are packed with sauteed mushrooms and onions, bourbon brown sugar bacon, and baked with sweet garlic butter on top. Little crispy on the outside but all flavorful and juicy on the inside.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Packing a whole lot of flavor into one tiny sandwich is so easy, you can get addicted.
You can easily get addicted to making slider sandwiches, I know I am. Any time we are planning a party, I’m thinking what kind of sliders I can make. Slider sandwiches are hot, juicy, and packed with flavor. It’s a comforting and easy dish to serve at the party, tailgating, as an after school snack, or bring with you on a picnic.
If you’re planning a little picnic, a party, or just a special lunch for Father’s Day, these Bacon Mushroom and Onion Sliders will be the PERFECT addition. These sandwiches will make a great “dad food.” Besides making him feel like he is a giant holding it, the flavors here are just what dad ordered.
First, let’s talk BACON. This bacon is absolutely heavenly. It is baked to a crispy perfection and flavored with bourbon and brown sugar right before baking. A touch of bourbon and sweetness makes these bacon strips unbelievably delicious.
Then, we fill the sandwiches with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Sauteed mushrooms and onions is a classic combination and always makes the perfect topping for burgers, steaks, and sandwiches. It makes the perfect filling here as well.
This delicious bacon, mushroom and onion filling is packed into a sweet and savory Hawaiian bun. These buns are great because they stay so soft on the inside but get a nice crunch on the outside. And the topping….oh, that battery, garlic topping with a touch of sweetness. That puts the flavor to a whole new lever of delicious.
DON’T MISS THE QUICK DEMO VIDEO!
- 1 pack of 12 slider buns (I prefer Hawaiian rolls)
- 12 bacon strips (double amount for more bacon on each slider)
- 1½ Tbsp bourbon
- 1½ - 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large yellow onion
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Oil for cooking
- 2½ Tbsp salted butter
- 1 lg garlic clove
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay bacon slices side by side in one layer.
- Brush each bacon strip with bourbon. Sprinkle each bacon strip with brown sugar and rub it over the strips evenly.
- Bake for 13-20 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of bacon.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat. Add some oil and onions, mix well. Let onions cook for a few minutes. Once onions start to brown, add mushrooms. Season with some salt and pepper, mix well, and let the veggies cook until soft and done. Take off heat.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Take slider buns out of the package and cut them in half, with a serrated knife, to create bottom halves of buns and top halves of buns.
- Place the bottom halves in the prepared baking dish. (I like to separate the buns just a little bit.)
- Place a bacon strip on each bottom bun.
- Divide mushroom and onion mixture among all the buns.
- Top off with the top buns.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and stir in pressed garlic clove and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Brush the tops of the slider buns with the butter mixture, generously.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: