Incredibly delicious stuffed mushrooms, made with a flavorful mixture of crispy bacon, spinach and Italian cheese mix.
I hope everyone’s holidays have been nice and you’re ready to greet the New Year! We’re getting ready for the New Year here and I’m preparing some appetizers to share with you and to decide what I will serve on New Year’s Eve.
Almost every year, I make some kind of pizza roll ups or pinwheels but I just realized that stuffed mushrooms would make a wonderful party food and it’s so easy to prep ahead of time. I like to get most of my food prep done in the morning or the night before the party.
These stuffed mushrooms are very easy to prepare ahead of time, just do everything except baking them in the morning, cover and refrigerate until ready to cook them right before the party. When ready to make, just place stuffed mushrooms onto the baking dish and pop them in the oven.
Whether it’s for 2 or 20, this stuffed mushrooms recipe will be a hit of the party. You can use either small baby bella mushrooms, medium ones, or large ones, depending if you’re making them for a big party or a private family evening.
Some more party appetizer recipes:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Bacon Spinach and Four Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 5 crispy bacon strips cooked
- 3 oz fresh spinach
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- 16 oz whole baby bella mushrooms try to pick out larger mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup Italian cheese mix
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian cheese mix for topping
- 2 crispy bacon strips crumbled, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Wash mushrooms and carefully take off the stems. Toss mushrooms lightly in olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat a small cooking pan and 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.
- Chop spinach and add it to the pan. Cook covered over medium heat until almost cooked. Mince garlic and add it to spinach. Dice bacon strips and add it to spinach as well. Mix well and cook until spinach is done. Take off heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bread crumbs, cheese mix, egg, salt and pepper. Mix very well until all combined.
- Add spinach and bacon to the cheese mixture. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Place mushroom cups into a baking dish. Carefully fill mushroom cups with cheese mixture pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more.
- Sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with a little bit of cheese and bacon.
- Bake about 17-20 minutes.