I’m sharing an amazing idea for a hot snack with you today. It’s Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Hand Pies and they turned out SO good! Hand pies filled with chicken, broccoli and homemade Alfredo sauce. The recipe for Alfredo Sauce is also included!
Last week I realized that it’s been a long time since I’ve made my Alfredo sauce. With so many things I try and experiment in the kitchen, sometimes I forget to make our favorite dishes. So I whipped up a big batch of Alfredo sauce and wanted to use it in different dishes.
This is one of the tasty things that I made with my Alfredo sauce and they were a huge success! These hand pies don’t just make a great snack, they can be served for lunch or dinner with some veggies on a side.
Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Hand Pies
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For Hand Pies:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced broccoli florets steamed
- salt pepper
- 3/4 cup Alfredo cause
- 1 pack of Pillsbury pie crust there are 2 inside
- 1 small egg whisked with 1 tbs of water for egg wash
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium.
- Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Sprinkle the flour over it and slowly add heavy cream WHILE whisking constantly. Heat through on medium heat, stirring.
- Add sour cream, Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper. Keep cooking on medium-low for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Hand Pies:
- Cook the chicken in a medium pan with some salt and pepper until completely done.
- Dice the cooked chicken and mix it with steamed broccoli and Alfredo sauce.
- Roll out the dough and cut them in half. Separate the chicken mixture between the four dough halves. Fold the hand pies and make sure to press the seams together (you can cut off the excess dough).
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet.
- Brush the hand pies with egg wash and bake them for 20-25 minutes, until the pies are golden brown.