2 tbs grape seed oil (for cooking)
4 large bell peppers
1 lb of ground chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
6 oz Large Pearl Couscous
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2/3 cup feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 350.
1. 1. In a large skillet, heat up some oil
2. Add chopped onion. Cook until transparent. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the ground chicken to the skillet. Cook until fully done.
4. While the chicken is cooking, cook the couscous according to the package. Place the couscous into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add the chicken to the couscous.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, feta cheese. Mix well.
7. Carefully cut off the tops of the bell peppers and clean out all the seeds. Spoon mixture into the pepper, pack and over-stuff.
8. Place the peppers standing up into a small casserole dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?
Total Wallcovering says
I am a huge fan of Couscous. I don’t know why we (as a country) do not eat more of this stuff than white rice. Its healthier for you. Real nice idea putting it in the middle of some bell peppers. I am going to have to try this.