*I made my Chicken Ranch Macaroni and Cheese Casserole as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars and KRAFT Mac & Cheese Dinner #Youknowyouloveit *
An easy and super tasty family dinner, my macaroni and cheese casserole is made with grilled chicken, broccoli and flavored with ranch dressing mix.
This is a delightful comfort dinner. Macaroni and cheese does make the best comfort food and this particular one is smooth, cheesy and loaded with chicken and broccoli. It’s also jazzed up with ranch dressing mix for an extra flavor pop!
Casserole is a classic family dinner dish and always comforting, no matter what kind it is. Putting a macaroni and cheese and casserole together is guaranteed to make the whole family smile.
I loaded this mac and cheese casserole with chicken and broccoli. Hubs and I are big carnivores and little man is not so much. That is precisely why I used extra chicken. With all the cheesiness and pasta, little guy gobbles up the meat and we are happy. Surprisingly, adding broccoli to my casserole was not for the little one but for the big one. I’m proud of how well the little guy eats his veggies but I am less than proud of how the big one does everything possible to avoid eating veggies. Cheesy sauce definitely does the trick here and if you have kids (or adults) that avoid eating their veggies, it will help you too.
In my casserole, I used KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner has 9g of protein per serving and is a good source of calcium (10% DV) per serving* (See nutrition information for sodium content.) In this mac and cheese casserole, I also omitted butter completely, used skim milk and added shredded cheddar cheese for extra cheesiness.
Chicken Ranch Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about .75 lb together)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 - 7.25 oz box of KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ of 1 oz packet of ranch dressing mix
- ⅓ cup Panko crumbs
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and cook in a medium pan, over medium heat, until fully done. Dice and set aside.
- Start cooking macaroni by itself and add broccoli florets half way through. Remove macaroni from heat when it's almost fully cooked, drain well.
- Add macaroni and broccoli into a large mixing bowl.
- Add diced, cooked chicken to the mixing bowl.
- In the pot where you cooked pasta, heat up milk over medium heat. (Make sure that macaroni water is all drained.) Add cheese envelope from the macaroni & cheese box and ranch mix, whisk until smooth. Add ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese and whisk until it's melted and smooth.
- Add sauce into the mixing bowl with pasta, chicken and broccoli. Mix well until all ingredients are covered in sauce.
- Transfer the macaroni & cheese mixture into the casserole dish and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle with Panko and ¼ cup of shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!