Are you a fan of Spinach Artichoke dip? Oh, you will love this pasta dish if you are! It’s a delicious pasta casserole loaded with chicken, spinach, artichoke, cheese and creamy base. Finger-licking-good!
So my sweet, little baby sister has officially turned into a teenager. Sass, eye rolls, mood swings and attitude are now all making a regular appearance at home. More so at mom’s house than at mine, but still they are sudden and they are frequent. Mood swings and changes of taste specifically. I thought that my little guy’s taste changes too often but I was not prepared for this one. Many of her (what used to be) favorite dishes now get an eye roll and a “I don’t like that, what are out talking about?!” response. One week she wants something and the next week, she won’t even touch it. Makes it hard for mom to shop for food, that’s for sure.
To tell you the truth, she is not this bad when she stays with me. May be because she knows that tears and pouty face doesn’t work on me, that attitude is not tolerated or may be because she doesn’t live with me, but she is willing to try a lot more new foods with me and will at least try what I put in front of her, unlike at home. So mom and I take that opportunity to get her to try new veggies and just foods she won’t touch at home.
So while she stayed with me this past weekend, I made some new dishes for her to try and I was very happy with the response. This pasta bake in particular got a great response from her. She even asked if the recipe will be on my site so she can ask mom to make it at home. Not only that she tried and liked artichokes, she ate something that was green and full of spinach! Yyyyaaay!
Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Casserole
- 1/2 lb dry rotini pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil to cook chicken
- 12 oz jar artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 9 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh grated Romano cheese split in 2
- You can substitute Fresh grated Parmesan for Romano.
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to the package instruction, until just about done, drain and set in a large mixing bowl.
- Cook chicken breasts in a cooking pan, over medium heat, with some salt and pepper. Let it cool until easy to handle, chop and add to the bowl with pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add chopped artichoke hearts and spinach to pasta and chicken. Mix.
- Add pressed garlic, minced parsley, shredded mozzarella, 1/2 cup fresh grated Romano cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are Incorporated throughout.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayo, sour cream and milk together until smooth. Mix this creamy mixture into the pasta mixture.
- Transfer casserole mixture into the baking dish. Top off with remaining 1/2 cup of fresh grated Romano cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake from The Cooking Jar
Baked Penne from Life In The Lofthouse
Four Cheese Chicken Pasta Bake from A Dash of Sanity
Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake from Let’s Dish Recipes
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!