Delicious, smooth, creamy corn dip that tastes just like the comforting, classic corn chowder soup. This recipe is meatless and can be completely dairy-free.
I got challenged by Silk to create one of my favorite recipes that’s perfect for tailgating in a meatless and dairy-free version. Meatless is really no problem but as it comes to dairy-free, that truly sounded like a challenge. I am a big fan of Silk Almond Milk and Silk Coconut Milk, and I like to challenge myself in the kitchen, so I gladly went for it.
My favorite things to serve for any kind of sporting gathering, be it homegating, or tailgating, or the big Super Bowl and World Series parties, are dips. Dips are great and always a big crown pleaser. So I decided to take my super cheesy, super creamy southwest corn dip and recreate it in a dairy-free version. It was quite a challenge because how in the world can I substitute cream cheese and Mexican shredded cheese mix? Well, I just took them out and focused on thickening the dip with flour and finding dairy-free cheese. Turns out, there is dairy-free (vegan) mozzarella cheese and that’s perfect.
I honestly did not plan on making a “corn chowder” dip at first but the second I took that first tasty bite…”OMG, it tastes just like corn chowder!” I’m a huge fan of corn chowder so I was thrilled with the dip I’ve created.
The best part about this recipe is that you can easily use regular mozzarella cheese without much change in the taste.
Corn Chowder Hot Dip
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium Vidalia onion minced
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup Silk Almond milk
- 1 cup dairy-free vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Pink of cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dairy-free Mozzarella for topping
- Cilantro for garnish
- Cook corn in salted water until fully cooked and set side to cool.
- In a sauce pot, melt butter and add minced onion and bell pepper. Saute for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the veggies and mix. Pour in almond milk while stirring.
- Once milk heats through, add cheese and keep whisking until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut corn off the cub and add it to the sauce pot. Add salt and seasonings. Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish and top of with more cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top off with some cilantro before serving.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is so good! Thanks for the recipe!