Delicious holiday treat in a mug! Creamy Cranberry Italian Soda is made with homemade cranberry syrup, club soda and whipped cream. Refreshing holiday treat to serve at your parties this holiday season!
More holiday recipes? Why, of course!
The Raspberry Key Lime Italian soda that I made for my sister’s party was a huge hit. I’ve been planning on sharing another recipe for an Italian soda with your for a while and got an idea for the cranberry one. Since holiday season is full of delicious cranberry recipes, I’m taking advantage of that as much as I can.
This creamy Italian soda turned out so tasty! Sweet and tangy homemade cranberry syrup is great mixed with some seltzer water and whipped cream. It is perfectly mild to be served at your holiday dinner or at the party.
To have a little more fun at your New Year’s party, you can add some light rum!
Remember, for the fizziest sodas, add the seltzer water to the syrup right before serving!
Make sure to consult the post on the Homemade Cranberry Syrup for the direction on the syrup!
Cranberry Italian Soda
Creamy Cranberry Italian Soda is made with homemade cranberry syrup, club soda and whipped cream. Refreshing holiday treat to serve at your parties this holiday season!
- 1 12 oz bag of cranberries
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Italian Soda:
- Seltzer water
- Cranberry Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Combine the cranberries, lemon juice and sugar in a sauce pot and heat up over medium heat.
- Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 15 minutes.
- When the cranberries are cooked and given out all juice, add cranberry juice and vanilla. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Strain the cranberries through a fine strainer but don't mash the berries too much or the syrup will be too thick. (If your mixture does turn out a little too thick, add another 1/2 cup of cranberry juice and heat through.)
- You can also run the syrup through cheesecloth if you want.
- Italian Soda:
- For one mug: add 2 tbs of cranberry syrup to 8 oz of seltzer water. Top off with some whipped cream. Make sure to add the seltzer water right before serving so it's still fizzy!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
I have an adorable tidbit to share before I go!
Cutest photo-bomb ever!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| to keep up with the recipes!