These homemade cheesy dinner rolls would made a great addition to your holiday menu. These homemade dinner rolls are stuffed with pieces of cheese and sprinkled with rosemary and coarse salt, yum!
So, I want to share another idea that would be perfect to share with your family this weekend. I wanted to make some dinner rolls for this Sunday and then I had an epiphany…stuff it with cheese! My sister and I have the same philosophy: “Everything is better with cheese!” The rolls came out perfectly with surprise cheese center, fresh rosemary and coarse salt for additional flavors.
I can’t wait to share the rolls with everyone this Sunday. Actually, I am most excited about the egg hunt for the kids. I just love to see how much fun they have. Little man already had an Easter egg hunt at school last week and he was so excited that I can’t wait to see his face light up again. That was him at school egg hunt, they also made bunny hats…so cute!!
I chose to put the few rolls that cracked in the front for the picture. Mainly because they look so delicious with cheese oozing out and nicely browned. Yes, I did pull off all that cheese and ate it, it’s my favorite part!
Homemade Cheesy Dinner Rolls
- Makes 24 rolls
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 packets active dry yeast (1/4 ounce each)
- 1 1/2 cups warm whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs salt
- 3 large eggs
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tbs fresh minced rosemary
- 2 tbs coarse salt
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine water and yeast. Mix it together and let it stand until it blooms. It will take about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk milk, butter, eggs, salt and sugar together until all incorporated.
- Add the egg mixture into the yeast mixture and whisk it together.
- Whisk in the flour one cut at a time. I whisked in the first 3-4 cups and then use the hook attachment on my mixer to mix in the remaining flour.
- Keep mixing until the all is combine. Take the dough out and knead it for a few second. Grease a large bowl and place the dough in it. Cover the bowl with a saran wrap (leaving a teeny tiny crack.) Set aside in a warm place and let it rise for about an hour.
- Take out the dough and roll it in a long roll, about 3 inches thick. Cut it in about 3/4 inch thick circles.
- (Preheat the oven to 375 and grease the baking pans.)
- Cut the cheese in 24 cubes. Place the cheese cube in the center of the dough circle. Bring the edges together and seal it up. Place the roll in a greased baking pan, seam down. Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese.
- Brush the rolls with egg white and sprinkle with rosemary and coarse salt.
- Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!