Delicious Orange Shrimp sauteed in sweet and sour, citrus sauce and served over tangy, orange quinoa.
Delicious Orange Shrimp made into a light dinner. Sauteed shrimp without any breading and it’s served over quinoa instead of rice. Lightened up but full of all the wonderful flavors. Orange chicken’s got nothing on this dish!
Of course, if you don’t like quinoa for any reason, you can always substitute for rice. Just cook rice according to the package instruction and still add orange and sriracha while it’s cooking, as per the recipe. That’s actually what I did for my husband because he’s not too into quinoa. To be completely honest, he is not into seafood either so I made it for him with chicken. It was just as tasty but shrimp would be my first choice every time.
Light Orange Shrimp with Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- water as needed per package instructions
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup veggie broth or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed or grated
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 Tbsp veggie oil for cooking
- 2 Tbsp diced scallions
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce (except for shrimp) in a medium mixing bowl, mix well.
- Add shrimp and let them marinade while quinoa is cooking.
- Cook quinoa according to the package but add orange zest and sriracha to the water while cooking. Set aside once cooked.
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium-high heat with vegetable oil.
- Add shrimp and saute on one side until golden. Lower hear to medium, flip the shrimp and add sauce to the pan.
- Stir slowly while the sauce is thickening. Cook just until shrimp is done (no more pink).
- Divide quinoa among the plates and top off with shrimp and sauce.
- Top off with some diced scallions
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Garlic Herb Roasted Shrimp from Joyful Healthy Eats
Shrimp Scampi Pizza from Cooking with Curls
Shrimp Etouffe from Grandbaby Cakes
Shrimp and Avocado Taco Salad from Iowa Girl Eats
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!