Chili is a wonderful dish for cooler weather. It doesn’t just make a perfect comfort dinner; it is also great to serve on game days. White chili, made with chicken (or turkey), vegetables, and white beans is a lighter version of a classic chili. I kicked it up a notch by adding pumpkin flavors to make it a nice seasonal dish.
Pumpkin Chicken Chili
- 1 –2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion diced
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves grated or minced
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat up oil over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and pumpkin, and sauté for 3–5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, cover, and cook until chicken is almost cooked. Stir often and break up clumps of meat.
- Grate or mince in garlic, and stir well.
- Drain and add beans. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Stir well and cook on medium-low heat for 15–20 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in minced cilantro before serving.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)