I have to admit that I did not know that such things as pudding cookies existed until about two years ago. I’d never even thought about adding pudding mix into cookies, but once I tried it, it opened the door to a whole new cookie world. The texture and flavor that is added to cookies with pudding mix makes them superstars.
Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3.9 oz package pumpkin pudding mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg and beat well. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin puree, and mix well.
- Lower the speed to low and mix in pudding mix, flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda until all combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, and mix a few more times.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough with a medium cookie scoop (#40 or #50) onto the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart, and bake for 9–11 minutes. (If you have to bake cookies in batches, refrigerate dough in between.)
- Cool on a wire rack.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)
Thank you for this site. I have a grandson that loves pumpkin, but often can’t find recipes that he will like and eat. I will be ordering your pumpkin cookbook. My husband purchased numerous packages of pumpkin pudding and have not found many recipes that use this ingredient. I think my grandson will love these cookies. I will be baking them very soon. Love the name of the website Thanks again, Grateful Moe
Awe, thank you so much!! I really hope you and your grandson will enjoy the cookies 🙂
My son loves everything pumpkin too.
do you use a instant pudding
do you use a instant puddingmix
Yes, the one that comes in a packet inside a box. It’s a seasonal thing from Jell-O, I believe 🙂