*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.*
Wonderful savory scones recipe with a fall twist. Soft and cheesy Pumpkin Scones made with cream cheese for an extra soft and moist center.
I have a confession to make… I love cheese a little too much!
What do you mean you already knew that? Ha, I guess I do like to make things cheesy around here.
Well, I was experimenting with some pumpkin recipes and I wanted to make savory pumpkin scones. No better way to make savory scones than making them extra cheesy. I used Colby/ Monterrey Jack cheese combo to mix into scones and shredded Parmesan for topping off these scones. Let me tell you, crispy Parmesan cheese topping on a crunchy outer part of a scone is absolute perfection!
These scones are delicious by themselves but I did find a couple of amazing ways to eat them. You can eat them with some cream cheese or butter in the morning and the leftovers can be great for lunch. Just warm up the scones in the oven (to get the crispy crust back), split them in half and add some slices of ham and cheese on top. Makes a scrumptious open-face ham and cheese sandwich!
How lucky for me that Target has a special on Kraft cheese products this week?! Their “wow” deal for the week of September 14-20 is 5/$10 of Kraft cheeses. I could probably just get five packs of string cheese and be happy (love those things) but I got a couple of shredded cheeses and cream cheese of course. Cream cheese never lasts long in my house. Haven’t you seen how many cheesecakes I make? This really is a great deal.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Savory Three Cheese Cream Cheese Pumpkin Scones Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 cold eggs
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Kraft shredded Colby/Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 egg white + 2 tsp of water for eggwash
- About 1/4 cup of of Kraft Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Chop cold butter and cream cheese into small slices and add to the dry ingredients. Mix dry ingredients, cream cheese and butter until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree and buttermilk. Slowly, add egg mixture to flour mixture while mixing on low speed. Mix in shredded cheese until just combined.
- Take the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough a few times (15-20 seconds), until smooth.
- Pat the dough into a circle that is about 1 1/2 inches thick in the center but thinner on the outer edge. Cut the circle like a pie, into 8 pieces.
- Whisk the egg white and water for the eggwash. Brush the scones lightly and sprinkle with some shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Visit your local Target to take advantage of the Weekly Wow promotion featuring Kraft Cheese products! From 9/14 through 9/20, buy any 5 Kraft Cheese products for $10.
More Recipes From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!