16 oz macaroni noodles
3 T butter
3 T all purpose flour
4 cups milk
16 ounces mixed grated cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, swiss and mozzarella)
6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
~Preheat oven to 400.
1. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water. Set aside.
2. In a heavy saucepot over medium high heat, melt the butter and add the flour.
3. Whisk together and cook for thirty seconds, until combined.
4. Add the 3 cups milk slowly and whisk constantly until smooth. (reserving one cup) Keep cooking and whisking on medium until thickens.
5. Add 12 ounces of the grated mixed cheese and stir well so that the cheese melts.
6. Add the salt, pepper and cayenne followed by the additional cup of milk and half of the blue cheese crumbles. Stir well.
7. Once everything is smooth, add the cooked macaroni and toss well.
8. Pour into a 9″13″ casserole pan and top with the remaining grated cheese and blue cheese.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.