It’s October… I can’t believe that it’s already October!
Fall is my favorite time of the year and it’s finally getting a little cooler. By “a little cooler,” I mean 80s (70s in the morning). Still very nice change and all we want to do is spend time outside.
I do have to apologize. I know that it’s not the 1st today, and that’s when Food Fights usually take place. September completely got away from me somehow. I realized that it was the 1st and I wasn’t ready for the Food Fight.
I am now…I’m late but it’s here!
This month is AWESOME! It’s Pumpkin vs Apple!
How much do you love me?
Before we move on to the fight, I have to introduce a new recipe that’s in theme with our food fight. It’s not an indication of what side I’m on, it’s really not! I love them BOTH equally!
This Apple Bacon and Gouda grilled cheese turned out so, incredibly delicious! It’s made with sour dough bread, Applewood smoked bacon, apple smoked Gouda and Honeycrisp apples. Delish!
- 2 slices of wheat sourdough bread
- 3 slices of Applewood smoked bacon
- 2-3 oz of apple smoked Gouda
- ¼ of Honeycrisp apple slices
- salt to taste
- Grease the pan lightly and preheat it on medium heat.
- Divide the cheese between two slices and layer bacon and apple slices on top. (Salt to taste.)
- Cook for a couple of minutes and then put the two slices together.
- Grill on each side until all cheese is melted.