I’m sharing my absolute favorite dish to prepare on the grill and my favorite recipe. This is Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon and it is fantastic! Fresh salmon grilled on a cedar plank, smothered in creamy lemon dill sauce.
This is one amazing dish that I hope you will get a chance to make this weekend…or any other day really!
This salmon gets it’s wonderful smokey flavor from the cedar plank that it is cooked on. I just love that wood flavor that is smoked into the fish. It reminds me of all the camping trips I used to go on a long, long time ago.
When I was still in Russia, my friends and I used to go camping almost every weekend in the summer. Our camping trips involved campfires, shish kebabs and listening to guys play guitar all night. I really miss those fun days in the woods, especially the grilling on a wood campfire. There is something about meat that was cooked over wood fire that is unbelievably delicious.
First time I tried salmon that was grilled over wood fire was in New Mexico, on my honeymoon. That was the best grilled salmon that I’ve ever tried and no other restaurant was able to recreate it. The only way to eat salmon that tasty is to grill it on cedar plank and throw some wood chips into the coals.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 1 lb of fresh salmon, skin on
- 1 cedar plank, soaked for 2 hours in water
- Soaked wood chips (preferable but not necessary)
- ⅓ cup of mayo
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp minced fresh dill
- fresh cracked pepper
- Make sure the cedar plank was soaked for a while. While the plank is soaking, marinade the salmon.
- Cut salmon into 3-4 even pieces. Leave the skin on.
- Mix mayo, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper together until all combined.
- Rub creamy sauce over the salmon, cover it in foil and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Once the coals are ready, add wood chips if you are using them. Follow directions on the package.
- Place salmon, skin down, on the cedar plank.
- Place the plank on the grill and cover it. Cook for 15-25 minutes, until light pink throughout and still moist. Cooking time will depend in the thickness and size of salmon. While cooking, touch salmon on the thickest part to feel if it is firm. It will feel firm and no longer squishy when done.
Check out these great grilling recipes from other bloggers:
Fiery Turkey Burgers with Creamy Feta Sauce from Dessert for Two
Grilled Mushroom & Sirloin Skewers with Rosemary Shallot Marinade from Delightful E Made
Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops from Six Sister’s Stuff
Perfect Sides To Go With Grilling
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!