This is my all-time favorite chicken salad recipe, and it’s actually an improved version. Delicious Chicken Salad made with elbow macaroni, grapes and toasted almonds for that crunch we all love so much.
As I mentioned above, this is my absolute favorite chicken salad recipe. I’ve been making it for nearly fifteen years now. I first tried this recipe back when my family owned a restaurant and it was often our lunch special. That was my first experience with having sweet fruit in savory dishes and it blew my mind. I have one thing to say, if you haven’t tried it…do it now! Pop of sweetness in a savory dish is an amazing food experience.
Now, I already have this recipe on the blog but it is older than dirt. I made it years ago and the photos, as well as the recipe, needed an improvement. Over the years, I’ve improved this recipe and it’s about time I share my improved version of this salad.
I got some beautiful little seedless grapes from WalMart this week so it was a perfect time to remake my salad. As always, I was very happy with the way it turned out. I can eat this salad for days. First, you can serve it on the bed of lettuce or spinach with some fresh veggies or you can make this delicious chicken salad wrap.
This wrap is so easy to make. All you need is one large flour tortilla, two slices of Havarti cheese and a handful of fresh spinach. So tasty and all the flavors jump out as you enjoy each and every bite.
WalMart’s is always proud to carry fresh, farmer picked produce with a 100% money back guarantee. Right now they have some wonderful looking (and tasting) grapes. For some buying tips, storage ideas and health benefits you can visit their website right here.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1½ cups of dry elbow macaroni
- 1½ cups of red grapes, cut in half
- ½ cup of toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ⅔ cup of mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Boil chicken until fully done and set side to cool until it can be handled.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions, drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Once chicken is cooled enough, dice it into small cubes and add it to pasta.
- Add chopped grapes and almonds. Season with some salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and grated garlic. Mix well.
- Mix mayo mixture into the salad, making sure it's all evenly distributed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Deliciousness From Me:
*Disclosure: I created my Chicken Deluxe Salad as part of a sponsored post for Walmart Produce and Socialstars #WalmartProduce. All opinions are my own!*