Gorgeous dinner to impress that special someone on you next date night. It is amazingly delicious and incredibly easy! Salmon Baked in a shape of a rose in smooth, creamy white wine sauce.
Do you have date plans this weekend? If you do, I have a great way for you to impress your date right here. This dish is very easy to make. I know you can do it no matter what kind of cooking skills you have. Guys, don’t be scared and make this for your lady. (Girls, don’t be scared either.) Trust me, this will be very impressive!
This has been one of my absolute favorite recipes for years. First of all, salmon and scallops are my weakness. I could eat them all day, every day. Plus you add my favorite sauce with it and it’s pure heaven!
This dish was on the menu of the restaurant my family used to own and it was always very popular. It was very special on date nights. My mom has been asking me for years about putting it on the blog. Every time I’d mention that I didn’t know what to make, she’d ask if I made Salmon Rose yet. Well, mom, I finally posted it!
You can serve this salmon with any side dish really. Green vegetables go very well with salmon and this sauce so I recommend that you saute some asparagus with a little lemon juice and garlic. White wine can be paired very nicely here as well.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 2 shallots
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz fresh salmon fillet on skin
- Prepare the sauce first.
- In a small sauce pot, heat up oil on medium heat and add sliced shallots. Saute until deep golden brown.
- Add wine and simmer until wine is cooked down to half the amount.
- Add heavy cream and stir well. Add sugar, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut skin off salmon. Slice salmon fillet into ¼ inch, long slices (lengthwise, not widthwise). Try to get 8 slices to make 2 roses.
- Wrap one slice around itself and place it in a small, shallow lightly greased baking dish. (Dish that would fit two roses.) Wrap another slice of salmon around it, then wrap a third one starting on the opposite side and final one on the opposite side from the third. Repeat with the second rose.
- Run sauce through a strainer and carefully pour it in the dish with salmon. Spoon a little bit of the sauce right on the roses.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- You can serve it with some asparagus. Saute asparagus in a pan, over medium heat, with some lemon juice, salt and garlic until bright green and softened.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Grilled Salmon with Mint & Basil Sauce from EatWell 101
Lemon and Dill Barbecue Salmon Kebabs from Plating Pixels
Honey Garlic Salmon from The Cooking Jar
Skinny Sweet and Spicy Salmon from Skinny Mom
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: