This is one dish you will not mind digging into and licking your fingers. It’s simply that delicious, loaded with shredded rotisserie chicken, gooey cheese, red onion, BBQ sauce and topped with BBQ ranch dressing.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
What happens when I watch food shows? I get super hungry for dishes I haven’t had the pleasure of taste in a while. I know better than to watch cooking shows, especially on an empty stomach, but I can’t help it, I’m addicted to cooking competition shows. I’ve been binging on some Chopped, Food Network Stars, Cut Throat Kitchen and Worst Cooks in America. Yea, Netflix needs to add MORE seasons because I’m almost done with everything and we don’t have cable.
So, in the middle of me watching one of the shows, I saw someone making poutine. I realized that it’s been way too long since I’ve made any kind of loaded fries, pretty much since Loaded Sweet Potato Wedges, which has been a year. So I scream to hubs that I’m making loaded fries, like now, and I needed some ideas to bounce around.
You could probably guess that I cook a lot and I cook often, most of the dishes I make end up on this blog for you to enjoy. So I wanted to come up with a loaded fries dish that I haven’t made before. I’ve shared Taco Loaded Fries and Pulled Pork Fries before, so I wanted to go with something different. Right off the bet, I knew that wanted to use a BBQ Ranch flavor in there. When talking BBQ Ranch, there is really nothing that beats chicken as a protein to go along with it. And, for a little bit extra ease and extra taste, I thought rotisserie chicken would be the best way to go.
Shall we talk BBQ Ranch flavors for a minute?
I really like to make my own ranch dressing, it tastes so much better than store-bought and it’s simple to whisk in a flash. I normally find store-bought ranch to have an overpowering vinegar flavor that is just off-putting. So I opt for a quick homemade version. In this recipe, I give you the recipe for a quick ranch dressing but it is always up to you to use it or substitute your favorite store-bought dressing.
For BBQ sauce, opt for a sweeter, smokier sauce. Look for something like smoked honey bbq sauce, or brown sugar hickory bbq sauce. This will provide a beautiful balance of sweetness to the tang in ranch dressing.
- 12 oz crinkle cut fries
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken meat, shredded
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ⅓ cup of thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- BBQ Ranch Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 sm garlic clove, pressed
- About 1 tsp minced dill weed
- About 1 tsp minced parsley
- 2½ Tbsp buttermilk
- Fresh cracked peppercorns (or black pepper)
- 1½ to 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Spread crinkle cut fries in one even layer, sprinkle some salt over fries and bake it for about 20 minutes, until golden.
- While fries is baking, prepare chicken, onions and BBQ Ranch sauce.
- Once you pulled the meat off rotisserie chicken and shredded it, mix it with a ¼ cup of BBQ sauce. (BBQ sauce, not BBQ Ranch.) Set aside.
- Whisk all ingredients for BBQ Ranch dressing, except for BBQ sauce, together in a small bowl. Once all ingredients for ranch are incorporated throughout, mix in BBQ sauce until all smooth. Set aside.
- Slice red onion thinly and set aside.
- Once fries is golden and crispy, take the baking sheet out of the oven. Gather fries together, so there aren't any holes in between. Spread BBQ shredded chicken evenly over fries. Spread sliced onions over chicken. Spread shredded cheese evenly over the chicken and onions.
- Bake loaded fries for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Take it out of the oven and drizzle as much BBQ Ranch sauce as you want over the top. Some sauce will be left over if you want to dip your loaded fries into it too.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes From Me:
BBQ Ranch Chicken Casserole