These fantastic chicken tacos will blog your mind! Sweet sriracha marinated and grilled chicken packed into crispy tortilla shell, and topped with avocado, greens, cilantro sour cream sauce and more honey sriracha.
Do you know that wonderful feeling when you serve something new to your family for dinner and it becomes a total hit? I LOVE that feeling. These chicken tacos were just that for us, a complete and total hit, and I am still so ecstatic over it.
What makes these tacos a complete success is the fact that my son LOVED them and it’s now another thing that he will agree to eat. I know how picky kids are and that just about every kid has only a handful of things that they agree to eat. Once you find something new that they agreed to take a bite of AND love, well that’s just a party at the house. I could not believe that out of all the things I attempt to get him to try on daily bases, he got excited about the tacos.
Although, it may have something to do with sriracha sauce. He loves saying “sriracha” and he loves the sriracha flavored Cheez-It snacks. That sauce could have been the reason he agreed to try the tacos and why he liked them so much. He even asked for these tacos for two nights in a row after the first time we had them. I just make a kid friendly version for him. I use a soft flour taco instead of a crispy one and I leave out the topping (per his request). So if you also have a spicy sauce loving kiddo, you should definitely make these tacos for them. My little guy drinks 3-4 cups of milk along with these tacos but he still can’t get enough.
Besides my little guy, my big guy loved the tacos too. I thought that I was the only one in my family that likes the spicy stuff but as it turns out, they all do. My husband is still not able to handle a lot of spice but he really enjoyed these sweet and spicy chicken tacos. There are a couple of things added here specifically with the intent to cut the spiciness and make it a little easier to handle. Avocados and sour cream sauce are the two main additions to ease the spice. Adding honey to sriracha, also created a beautiful balance of sweet and spicy.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 6-8 taco shells
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit take out
- 1-2 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp finely minced cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sriracha + ½ Tbsp honey for topping
- Combine sriracha, honey, salt, and lime juice for marinating the chicken. Mix and slather both chicken breasts with the mixture. Let it marinade for about 15 minutes. (You can also let it marinade for longer in the fridge.) You can prepare the chicken on the grill or in a skillet on a stove top. Cook on both sides until done. Take off heat and cool a little bit, until you can handle it enough to cut.
- In a small sauce bowl, mix together sour cream, finely minced cilantro, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together 1 Tbsp of sriracha and ½ Tbsp of honey. (You can always make more if you like more sauce and more heat.) Set aside.
- (To drizzle sauces, I usually add them to separate small zip-lock bags and cut off little tips when I'm ready to drizzle. That way I don't have to wash a million squeeze bottles or use pricey piping bags.)
- Slice chicken and add some to each taco shell.
- Add some diced avocado, greens, and green onion on top of chicken.
- Drizzle with sour cream sauce and honey sriracha on top.
- Serve right away.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: