This is one of our favorite pasta salad recipes and it will become yours as soon as you try it. This Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad is loaded with delicious grilled vegetables and it infuses the whole pasta salad with smokey grill flavors.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
This pasta salad may seem like a simple, veggies and pasta recipe but it is SO full of delicious flavors, you won’t be able to stop eating it.
When I first came up with this pasta salad, I only did it because we had a lot of extra grilled veggies leftover. I mixed veggies with cooked pasta and made a little pasta salad. It was SO good, infused with delicious smokey flavors from the grill, that if quickly became one of out favorite pasta salads to make.
Now, every time I am grilling dinner, I throw on some delicious marinated veggies and make this pasta salad as well. You can make this pasta salad as a side dish for dinner or for a big barbecue party. It’s very simple but the flavors from the grill that get spread throughout the salad are intoxicating.
This recipe can easily be made gluten free too. To make this pasta salad gluten free, just use a GF pasta.
Something I learned from months of experimenting with gluten free pasta is that it is NOT all equal. Most GF pasta is okay when you prepare it fresh for dinner but then becomes inedible once reheated or stays in the fridge for a while. Much like is this salad, this pasta will stay in the fridge for a while before it’s finished, so it needs to hold up.
Don’t worry, all is not lost! There is a brand of pasta that I found MUCH success with and it even stands up to freezing. I like to use Tinkyada gluten free pasta. Like I said, it holds up very well to re-heating, being in a pasta salad, and even freezing. So that is definitely the pasta I would recommend for a gluten free substitution.
- 12-16 oz dry pasta
- 2 med zucchini
- 2 med summer squash
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Mix in:
- About ½ cup mayo
- About ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Chop all veggies and place them into a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well and let them marinade while you prepare the grill.
- Preheat the grill, use either coals or gas as you prefer.
- Place veggies into a veggie grilling basket and grill veggies until completely done, stirring from time to time. Once cooked, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Add grilled veggies to pasta, as well as parsley, and salt. Gently mix and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add mayo and sour cream and mix well.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container until ready to serve.
- **NOTE: If you have large veggies to work with, use 1 lb of pasta and a little more mayo and sour cream.**
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: