Since this weekend is Memorial Day, I know many of you will be breaking out your grills and having some fun family barbeques. I want to share my favorite things to bring to a barbeque, Loaded Baked Potato Salad and Kings Hawaiian buns.
With my hubby being a restaurant manager, getting holidays off is pretty much a long shot. We usually celebrate or go out before or after the holiday. This week, we decided to have a family barbeque early since he is working all weekend.
We went to the park to grill some burgers and hot dogs…yum, yum! Of course, hubby wanted one of his favorite salads, Loaded Baked Potato Salad. Actually this one would be his number one favorite salad. Anything that has bacon, could be safely considered one of his favorites.
I really wanted a Black and Blue Burger, which is a seasoned burger with blue cheese and bacon strips. The best buns for any burger are Kings Hawaiian, hands down. The little man actually polished off a bun before his hot dog was even ready. I had to hide the rest of them because I’m pretty sure that he is capable of finishing the whole bag. Yes, they are that good.
Baked Potato Salad
This loaded Baked Potato Salad is perfect for summer.
- 2 lbs Red potatoes
- 1 lb fresh Bacon crispy baked
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbs minced fresh Dill Weed
- Boil the potatoes until fully done but, not falling apart (don't overcook.) Cool before cutting. (Peeling the potatoes is a personal preference.)
- Cube the cooled potatoes into about 1/4 inch cubes. Place into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the cooked, crispy bacon bits and add it to the potatoes.
- Add the cheese, chopped green onion, salt, pepper and dill weed. Mix the ingredients.
- Add mayo and sour cream. Mix well until all incorporated.
- Refrigerate before serving. You can garnish with some more green onion and bacon bits before serving
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
This is my favorite salad for a barbeque!
King’s Hawaiian® wants to know how you bring people together. Reply below for a chance to win a $200 gift card! Sweepstakes Rules.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kings Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.