Delightful and easy tomato soup made with addition of fresh zucchini. This Zucchini Tomato Soup is easy and quite comporting. It’s creamy and made with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Serve it with some grilled cheese sticks for a fun lunch.
ZUCCHINI TOMATO SOUP
I can’t even describe how excited I’ve been lately. My super-picky-eater son has been TASTING NEW FOODS!
That’s right, he’s been eating new food and a lot of it. He’s been eating eggs in an egg salad and fried egg sandwiches. He’s been eating avocados and all kinds of different toppings for his hot dogs. There has been bell peppers, lettuce and tomato, chili, honey mustard, and a few other ideas he’s come up with.
Last week, he tried a cheeseburger for the first time and sliced turkey and chicken. When it came to sliced deli meats, he actually did not like it and decided to stick to his favorite grilled cheese. But of course, nothing goes better with a grilled cheese than a bowl of tomato soup.
Grilled cheese dipping sticks actually make a perfect pairing for this soup. Everyone from children to adults will enjoy this Tomato Zucchini Soup with some grilled cheese sticks.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
Asiago Broccoli Cheese Soup – This comforting, homemade soup is made with two flavorful cheeses, sharp white cheddar cheese and Asiago cheese.
Chicken Meatball and Orzo Soup – twist on a classic Chicken Noodle recipe, but this particular one has much more flavor and it’s much more fun! It’s a delicious soup made with chicken meatballs, veggies, and orzo pasta.
Cauliflower Cheese Soup – This simple cauliflower cheese soup takes only about 40 minutes to make and you will be enjoying this cheesy, creamy, hearty soup.
A FEW OTHER SOUP RECIPES:
Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup – A Family Feast
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Soup – JoCooks
Vegetable Barley Soup – Hello Little Home
Italian Vegetable Soup – Carlsbad Cravings
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Tomato Zucchini Soup
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 yellow onion
- .75 lb zucchini
- 28 oz can tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock warmed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes more or less if you like it spicier or not
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil minced
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- some more Parmesan cheese for topping each plate
- Dice onion and zucchini into small cubes and set aside.
- Preheat a pot over medium heat. Add canola oil to the pot.
- Add diced onions to the pot and saute until transparent.
- Add diced zucchini, mix and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the entire content of the canned diced tomatoes.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes and stir well.
- Simmer for a few minutes and then add warmed chicken stock.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Stir, cover, and cook for about 30 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Add fresh basil and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Take soup off heat and use an immersion blender to blend it until there is no more chunks. (Or you can leave a few little chunks if that's your preference.)
- Place the pot back on the stove, still on medium-low, and stir in heavy cream and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Taste to see if you need to add more salt.
- Cook for just a couple more minutes. Take off heat and serve.
Can not wait to try, few zucchini left before it freezes. Joan
I hope you like it, Joan!
can you use vegetable broth if vegetarian?