Breakfast in bed? Yes, please!
Delightful whole grain French Toast filled with fruit, soaked in hazelnut flavored egg mixture and topped with toasted hazelnuts and some hazelnut cocoa spread.
Think of the most romantic thing you can do for that someone special on a holiday morning. Most people would say “breakfast in bed, of course!” I would have to disagree and say “cook breakfast together.” I believe that cooking together is so much more romantic than just bringing breakfast in bed for someone.
This Valentine’s Day, cook this delicious French Toast together then crawl back in bed to eat it. It looks very indulgent but in reality it isn’t. It’s made with whole grain French bread, sugar free & fat free International Delight hazelnut coffee creamer, fruit and only a light drizzle of hazelnut cocoa spread. You can also substitute strawberries for banana, apple, pear or other fruit you like.
This French toast is made with Hazelnut ID creamer. I’ve been trying many great flavors of sugar free & fat free International Delight creamers and this month, I’m enjoying hazelnut. Although I gotta be honest, I always enjoy hazelnut! Next on the list is sugar free and fat free French Vanilla creamer. I’m actually going to remake this French Toast recipe with French Vanilla creamer and some vanilla bean paste because it would be fantastic!
Fruit Filled Hazelnut French Toast
- 6 1- inch slices of whole grain French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. hazelnut creamer
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 4-5 fresh strawberries sliced
- Hazelnut cocoa spread for drizzle
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add a little vegetable oil.
- Slice French bread slices in the middle but not all the way through.
- Add 3-4 slices of strawberries in the middle of bread slices.
- In a shallow, wide bowl, whisk together eggs, creamer, vanilla extract, nutmeg and sugar until smooth.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, holding it in to let it soak up some mixture. Press on the bread lightly to help it soak the egg mixture.
- Cook French Toast for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add some hazelnut cocoa spread to a piping bag and cut off the tip, leaving only a small opening. (You can warm up the spread in a microwave first for about 10 seconds on half the power.) Drizzle it over cooked French Toast.