What is better than a cookie? A giant skillet cookie! This is a perfect seasonal cookie to share after a nice family meal. It’s a delicious, soft, chewy pumpkin cookie topped with a mixture of pecans, sugar, and maple syrup. Serve it warm, topped with vanilla ice cream for an ultimate experience.
Giant Pumpkin Skillet Cookie
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make sure your 12-inch skillet is well seasoned. (You can also rub some oil with a paper towel so that the bottom and sides of the skillet are shiny but not drenched in oil.)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar for a couple of minutes.
- Add egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla, and beat until mixed.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt. Mix the ingredients on low speed until just combined.
- Spread cookie batter in the skillet, evenly.
- In a bowl, mix ingredients for topping and spread it evenly over the top of cookie.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes.
- Let the cookie cool before attempting to cut it!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)