Amazing Hot Italian Sandwich for those of you who like lots of flavor with a kick of spicy! Made with all the great Italian flavors like capicola ham, smoked ham, salami, pepperoni, Fontina cheese, banana peppers and hot Italian Sandwich Mix!
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mezzetta® Specialty Foods. All the opinions and text are my own. *
Italian Sub sandwich is one of the most iconic sub sandwiches rivaled only by a meatballs sub. Choice between the two would really come down to the personal preference.
For example, my husband would not even hesitate and choose an Italian Sub every time, where is my choice would go to a meatballs sub.
Don’t get me wrong, I adore the combination of meats and cheeses in this sub, I am just a sucker for meatballs.
This Italian Sub is made with all the classics. It’s loaded with salami, capicola ham, smoked ham, pepperoni, and lots of Fontina cheese. What makes it extra special is some spicy Italian sandwich mix and banana peppers.
If you haven’t tried adding banana peppers and spicy jalapeno pepper mix of your sub, don’t waste any time. Don’t for get to bake it in the oven for a few minutes!
This sandwich is very easy to make and you can whip it up in 15 minutes for lunch or even dinner. It’s hot, it’s spicy, it holds a lot of great flavors and it will rock your world!
Some more sandwich recipes you will enjoy:
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Hot Spicy Baked Italian Sub
- 1 12- inch Italian loaf get it from the deli, it's better
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzle
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta banana peppers
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Italian Sandwich Mix
- About 8 thin slices of capicola ham little less than 1/4 lb
- 1/4 lb ham applewood smoked is amazing
- 8-10 thin slices of salami little less than 1/4 lb
- 8-10 thin slices of pepperoni about 1/8 lb
- 1/4 lb Fontina cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Slice Italian loaf in half but don't cut all the way through. Pull the halves apart and drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- On one half, spread banana peppers. On the other half, spread Italian Sandwich Mix.
- Layer capicola, ham, salami, pepperoni and Fontina cheese evenly over the two halves.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top (amount depends on how hot you want it), place carefully on a baking sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Close the two halves back up once it's done. Cut in half and enjoy with someone you really love because it will take that much to give up the second half! Yes, it's that good!