Delightful dessert bars that are half soft gooey brownie and half coconut macaroon. Perfect treat for a chocolate and coconut lover!
Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix (My all time favorite brownie box mix)
14 oz shredded coconut
14 oz of condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×9 baking dish
2. Prepare brownie mix according to the box instructions and pour into the baking dish.
3. Combine coconut flakes, condensed milk, egg whites, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix very well.
4. Layer the macaroon batter over the brownie batter, spread it evenly.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes until the batter is no longer giggly.
- 1 box Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix My all time favorite brownie box mix
- 14 oz shredded coconut
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the package and pour into the baking dish.
- Combine coconut flakes, condensed milk, egg whites, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix very well.
- Layer the macaroon mixture over the brownie batter, spread it evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until the batter is no longer giggly.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
I made these this week as a birthday treat for a co-worker. Awesome!
Perfect! Love hearing that, Jenni!
I made these and they were wonderful! I used 4 egg whites and used Duncan Hines brownie mix. I’m making them again for Fathers Day, thanks for the recipe!!!
Best compliment I ca ever get! Thank you so much! So glad you liked it:)