This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, PEOPLE Magazine & Hershey’s, but all my opinions are my own. #HersheysPeople #pmedia https://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
So I’m a little freaked out.
Technically, there is ten days left until Halloween, BUT we are going to the Zoo Spooktacular this week! Sounds like fun, right?
It is! We have a blast every year and to some degree, I can’t wait.
Here is where I run into a problem. The COSTUME! I already mentioned that the little man picked out his costume last week. He picked out a Woody costume and he seemed to like it. Yea…he is refusing to put it on now…
I’ve been to every Halloween store, showed him every costume. He gets excited…he plays with it…when I ask if he will put it on…
Ah, like I don’t have enough on my plate. With all this running around trying to get him a costume, I realized that we don’t have costumes yet! We were planning on getting dressed up in a family costume but this little one is being bratty!
Not to mention that October is a midterms time for me. I’m kind of happy that my exams got split up through three weeks. I got lucky with this one. I can focus on each exam, one at a time.
You would think that I can enjoy this little break but what do you know? We get sick! I’ve been feeling yucky for two weeks now and little man spent last week at home, sick. He went back to school today and I get a little quiet time.
He is so active and when he was sick, it was a lot of peace and snuggles. Once he started getting better, he was like a humming bird in a shoe box. He was going crazy from being at home for so long a he was determined to take me down on the way!
It might be Monday morning but I’m enjoying a few minutes of quiet. I got my coffee, my Hershey’s Dish CANDY and my PEOPLE Magazine!
Did I mention the cookie bars?!!!
These Peanut Butter Cup Pumpkin cookie bars are SO delicious! It’s soft and fluffy pumpkin cookie bars topped with everyone’s favorite Reese’s mini peanut butter cups!
These cookie bars are so easy to make too! I use an old-fashioned pumpkin cookie recipe from Libby, right off my pumpkin puree can. Pumpkin cookies are wonderful and we already established that pumpkin is great flavor combination with chocolate and caramel. Now, I KNOW what pumpkin and peanut butter cups are amazing together!
Peanut Butter Cup Pumpkin Cookies, Mommy’s Quiet Time
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 11 oz bags of Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Unwrap the Reese's mini cups and cut them in half.
- In a bowl on an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and smooth.
- Add egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- Beat on low until just combined.
- Spread the cookie batter over the the baking pan, evenly. Bake fore 10 minutes.
- Spread the chopped Reese's cups over the pumpkin batter, making sure it's even and all covered. (You may have some candy left to munch on!)
- Bake for another 10-13 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (free of pumpkin cookie batter, not free of chocolate 🙂 )
Well, I am off to have some quiet ME time before I have to prepare for an exam!
You can pick up all the ingredients, Hershey’s Dish candy and PEOPLE magazines at your local Target!
I have a coupon for you too!
While supplies last, you can CLICK HERE to print a PEOPLE Magazine and Hershey’s Dish Candy $2 Off Coupon!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|