Easy and delicious Sangria made with pomegranate flavors. This Sangria features fresh juice from pomegranate fruit and Pomegranate Liqueur mixed with full bodied Zinfandel wine.
I just realized that I promised to share this recipe two weeks ago! Oops…so sorry! I’ve been a little busy and then just forgot. I am only human. Hopefully this will make up for it!
I always like to make a special cocktail for any party that I throw and I don’t like to repeat a cocktail from party to party. So there I was, walking around Total Wines, thinking about what I could make.
I kept having idea after idea until this great epiphany hit me after I saw pomegranate liquor. I also found beautiful pomegranates at the farmer’s market for a dollar that day. It seemed like fate.
This wonderful sangria compliments any celebration and any holiday. As long as you can find some great pomegranates, it’s game on.
TIPS FOR MAKING POMEGRANATE SANGRIA
If you’re unable to find pomegranates for some reason, substitute POM juice instead. Use about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of POM juice for the pitcher of sangria.
You can prepare this sangria ahead of time and keep it refrigerated before ready to serve.
Squeeze pomegranate juice out of the seeds into a container with a lid and and refrigerate until ready to use. It will keep for about 2 days.
You can also prepare sangria up to the step of adding soda. Don’t add soda but refrigerate sangria until ready to use instead. Cover the top of the pitcher with plastic wrap if there is no lid.
Add soda right before servings sangria so that fizz doesn’t go flat.
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
- 1 large pomegranate
- 750 ml Zinfandel wine NOT white zinfandel!
- 450 ml Pomegranate liqueur
- 8 oz 7Up soda
- Peel the pomegranate and take out the seeds. Smash pomegranate seeds in a bowl, carefully. Put strainer at the top of the pitcher, transfer the seeds and juice to the strainer. Rub the seeds on the strainer with the back of a spoon to get the rest of the juice out.
- Add the wine and liquor to the pitcher. Stir well. (You may refrigerate it at this point to be used later or serve right away.)
- Add the 7-Up and lightly stir. (Add soda right before serving so it doesn't go flat.)