This is a perfect idea for a hot snack. These hand pies are made with buttery, flaky puff pastry and are filled with ground beef that was sautéed with pumpkin and onion. Don’t just set these pies aside for a snack; they can be served for lunch or dinner with some veggies on a side and gravy for dipping.
Pumpkin, Beef Onion Hand Pies
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil for cooking
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1½ cup diced pumpkin
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat up oil over medium heat and brown beef, onion, and pumpkin. Add grated garlic, salt, fresh cracked pepper, and thyme, and cook until beef is fully done, stirring often. Set aside to cool until the mixture can be handled.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 equal squares. Divide beef mixture among the pastry squares, placing it right in the center.
- Lightly rub the edges of the squares with water and pinch them together to form rectangle hand pies.
- Whisk egg white with a splash of water, and brush all the pies.
- Bake hand pies for about 15 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)
Leave a Reply