I remember being a kid and making caramelized milk (dulce de leche) with my mom and grandmother. It was my favorite topping or filling for cookies and our love affair started at an early age. When I got old enough to make it myself, I started making it just about every week, using it in cakes and cookies. These cookies are not just made with the ever-so-delicious dulce de leche; they are also made with Nutella. Talk about a scrumptious pair!
Pumpkin Dulce de Leche Nutella Cookies
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ –¾ cup dulce de leche for drizzle
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup Nutella
- 2½ cup flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add dulce de leche to a piping bag with a narrow decorating tip. This will make it much easier to drizzle it on cookies. Set aside.
- Add egg to the butter and sugars, beat well, and scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree and Nutella, and mix well. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Bring the speed to low, and sift in flour, salt, and baking soda, and beat until combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, and mix a few more times.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough and roll into about 1-inch balls with your hands. Flatten slightly and place them on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with remaining dough. Set cookies about 2 inches apart, and bake for 9–11 minutes. (If you have to bake cookies in batches, refrigerate dough in between.)
- Cool on a wire rack for about ten minutes and drizzle with dulce de leche.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)