Now this is a classic with an added touch of pumpkin and pear. It is also spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, all pumpkin’s favorite spices. You will notice that fresh pumpkin is used here and not pumpkin puree. Trust me, it’s much better this way.
Spiced Pumpkin Apple Pear Turnovers
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cup diced pumpkin
- 1 large sweet apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 large pear peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg white + 2 tsp. powder sugar for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in brown sugar. Add diced pumpkin, apple, pear, and spices. Mix well, cover, and cook until pumpkin and fruit softened. Strain and set aside.
- Cut each pastry sheet in 4 equal squares.
- Divide filling among 8 squares, placing it in the center.
- Bring corners of the square together to form a triangle. Wet your fingers and run along the edges on the inside for better seal. Press the edges of the triangle pastry together.
- Lay pastries on the baking sheet and brush lightly with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!