Delicious soft and moist Zucchini Muffins topped with smooth and creamy Hot Fudge Sauce! Quick and oh, so delicious treat in the morning (or any time of the day)!
How about them apples…eh, zucchinis?! I’m actually talking about these muffins! It’s not your ordinary zucchini muffins…chocolate makes everything better!
The second I saw some big and beautiful zucchinis at the farmer’s market, I could practically smell muffins. Oh boy, did they smell amazing when baking. No air freshener will ever come close to some fresh baked goodies, baking in the oven!
To kick these delicious muffins up a bit, I made some of my Hot Fudge Sauce to top ’em off. I forgot just how heavenly this sauce really is! Haven’t made it since my Coffee Mocha Blondies. (Boy, those smelled and tastes amazing! I should make them again.) It’s a very simple sauce but it’s so smooth and creamy, you will find yourself eating it with a spoon in the corner! Disclosure: I am not responsible to the consequences after you eat the entire jar of this sauce and follow it up with a muffin!!
Zucchini Muffins with Hot Fudge Sauce
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan.
- Grate zucchini through a large grater and set aside (don't squeeze the juice).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar and yogurt.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until all evenly incorporated.
- Divide the batter among muffin cups, filling them 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, make sure to do a toothpick test before taking them out.
- Sauce:Melt butter, over medium heat, in the small sauce pot and add sugar, hot fudge and heavy cream. Cook on medium heat, whisking slowly until all combined. Let it simmer for about a minute (keep stirring) and take it off heat.
- Pour about a tablespoon of sauce over each muffin (more if you want) and enjoy!
More Recipes From Me!
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Chris @ Shared Appetite says
Did you just top muffins with hot fudge sauce?! Yes, yes you did. You’re my new hero hahaha. YES PLEASE!
Oh yes I did! I went there, and it was good!
Thank you, Chris!
Mi piacciono tutti i muffin, ma questi con zucchini e cioccolato…mmmmmm …..deliziosi 🙂
These look insanely good, Lyuba! Hot fudge sauce over zucchini muffins is such a brilliant idea!
It really was 🙂
Thank you, Marcie!
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way says
Oooooh! They look so good! Muffins are the best idea — just grab one and run! Your photos are outstanding!!
Thank you so much, Marisa!
Matt Robinson says
You’re killin’ me with these, they look absolutely incredible!!!
Haha, thank you, Matt!
They are just meant to please 🙂
Carol at Wild Goose Tea says
My life is complete now. Hot fudge sauce on a muffin. On a moist muffin to boot. A moist muffin filled with a vegetable. You really did it up good this time. Lol
Haha, of course!
Thank you so much, Carol!
Jodee Weiland says
These muffins sound delicious with or without the hot fudge sauce, although I personally love hot fudge sauce. What a great idea to take a simple zucchini muffin to a whole new level of goodness! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Thank you, Jodee! Sauce really does complement them well!
Tanya Schroeder says
I was just thinking I haven’t baked anything with zucchini yet! It was total fate that I should stumble upon these muffins. And yes, chocolate makes anything better! Love these Lyuba!
It’s meant to be, Tanya!!
Thank you 😉