Cherry Limeade Pops

ice pops

Happy summer everyone!!
I finally remembered to pick up some ice pop molds while I was at a store. Somehow all our last year’s molds were broken. Hmmm…wonder what happened? I guess we had a few too many pops, hehe!
So here is a great idea that popped in my hear last night. I was originally going to bake something with cherries, but it’s been so hot that pop are just much more suitable for this weather.

1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted and chopped
1 cup water
1 1/2 tbs sugar (I used splenda)
2 med limes

1. Pit and chop the cherries in 4 slices. Divide the chopped cherried between the 4 ice pop molds.

2. Heat up 1 tbs of water and heat it up until really hot. Pour over the sugar and stir until sugar is melted. Add the remaining water and squeeze the limes into the sugar water. Mix well.

3. Pour the limeade into molds, over the cherries. Fill to the top. Place the tops of the ice pops in place. Freeze for at least 4 hours.

Enjoy!!

* I am linking this recipe to   THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?

Comments

1. These look so yummy! Will be making them today. Hope you can link up to my Cherry Linky Party.

Andie

2. Jennifer Nikolaus says:

These look so good!!! And I love that cherries are so cheap right now! I need to get me one of those popsicle trays. What a fun idea for my kids this summer, thanks for sharing! I’m a new follower and I love your blog!

~Jen @ yummyhealthyeasy.blogspot.com

3. Those are so gorgeous! YUM!

4. winnie rottem says:

Simple recipe, and these look GREAT

5. Tamika Rybinski says:

these look so yummy! thanks for sharing!

Tamika @ No Time for Tea Parties

6. These are super,love them I will have to try these asap!! pinning these too,thanks again for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

7. Diana Meredith says:

Those look very yummy!  Thanks for sharing!

8. Michelle Clausen says:

i bet they are so tasty!!!

9. WillCookForSmiles says:

They were, thank you!

10. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you! Hope you like it too!

11. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you Winnie, as always!

12. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you!

13. Thewinthropchronicles says:

Oh these look delicious! I would love for you to share this at my link party http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/06/share-it-link-party-15.html

14. Whimsically Homemade says:

These would be great at my house! My daughter is a fruit fanatic and this is a healthy “dessert” she can have. Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!

15. Those look amazingly good, fresh, healthy!

16. What a great idea for parties!!! Looks delicious too.

17. Just Jaime says:

Yum! I love that you used real cherries!

18. This such an awesome recipe. I must try this this weekend. This was such a wonderful post. I would love it if you would share this at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join.

Paula

ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

19. Yummy!

20. Lyuba, Cherry Limeade is one of my favorites and to have it in a nice refreshing pop, awesome!   Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

21. Kristina R says:

this is a great recipe. Love that you left the cherries chunky.  I would live it if you would share on Tout It Tuesday! http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/06/tout-it-tuesday-10.html

22. MMMMMmmmmmm…. Cherries are divine!  I keep meaning to buy some molds…

23. Great Idea!

I would love for you to link this to my Flaunt It Friday link party! Also, follow my new blog Blissful Bucket List! :)

24. winnie rottem says:

The cherry season has just begun here, and it’s a great idea!

25. Natasha @ Serenity you says:

these look absolutely delicious!!

26. Erin Alldredge says:

These look so good. I need to head to the farmers market and get some cherries. I’d love it if you stopped by my link party.

27. These look so good!  I really want to get some popsicle molds. I just need to remember to sit down and do it.:)

28. Shasta Farrar says:

I just saw your pops featured at Serenity Saturday.  They look delicious  Great instructions and photos.  I’m pinning it.

Shasta @InTheOldRoad

29. Charlene@A Pinch of Joy says:

These look so delicious and refreshing!  Gorgeous photos, too!  Pinning!

30. Yeah! So beautiful and fresh! Thanks for linking to tasty tuesday. You will be featured at this weeks party that will go up tonight. Come check it out! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/

31. WillCookForSmiles says:

Whoohoo! Thank you!

32. WillCookForSmiles says:

Thank you so much!

33. Ooooh, this looks great and it’s going to get hot, hot, hot this week.  I might just have to break down and give these a try.  Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

34. Oh wow! These look so good!  Usually you are begging for more cherries in a limeade, but these you would be eating one with every bite!  I am sharing this now on facebook and pinterest. Thanks, Lyuba!

35. Taryn-Design, Dining + Diapers says:

These look delicious and I love your photo! Perfect summer treat :)

36. Crystalandcomp says:

Congrats, Lyuba! Your awesome post was my #5 most clicked link in The Mommy Club last week!  I appreciate you sharing and hope that you will come back and share more ideas!

Thanks much, Crystal

37. I love homemade popsicles. These look great!

38. I am featuring these tonight on my blog! :)

39. Paint Speckled Pawprints says:

These looks so amazing!  Thank you for sharing them with us at our Summer BBQ Bash.  I’ll be featuring them tomorrow!

1. [...] PB Brownie Batter Swirl Ice cream      |   Cherry Limeade Popsicle [...]

2. [...] Grapefruit Lemon Popsicles    |     Cherry Limeade Popsicles [...]

3. [...] Cherry Limeade Pops Substitute Splenda(r) for sugar and you will have a delicious, lower calorie frozen treat. [...]

4. […] Cherry Limeade Pops |Will Cook for Smiles […]