Cherry Limeade Pops

ice pops

Happy summer everyone!!
I finally remembered to pick up some ice pop molds while I was at a store. Somehow all our last year’s molds were broken. Hmmm…wonder what happened? I guess we had a few too many pops, hehe!
So here is a great idea that popped in my hear last night. I was originally going to bake something with cherries, but it’s been so hot that pop are just much more suitable for this weather.

1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted and chopped
1 cup water
1 1/2 tbs sugar (I used splenda)
2 med limes

1. Pit and chop the cherries in 4 slices. Divide the chopped cherried between the 4 ice pop molds.

2. Heat up 1 tbs of water and heat it up until really hot. Pour over the sugar and stir until sugar is melted. Add the remaining water and squeeze the limes into the sugar water. Mix well.

3. Pour the limeade into molds, over the cherries. Fill to the top. Place the tops of the ice pops in place. Freeze for at least 4 hours.

Enjoy!!

* I am linking this recipe to   THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?

Comments

1. Jennifer Nikolaus says

These look so good!!! And I love that cherries are so cheap right now! I need to get me one of those popsicle trays. What a fun idea for my kids this summer, thanks for sharing! I’m a new follower and I love your blog!

~Jen @ yummyhealthyeasy.blogspot.com

2. Thewinthropchronicles says

Oh these look delicious! I would love for you to share this at my link party http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/06/share-it-link-party-15.html

3. Whimsically Homemade says

These would be great at my house! My daughter is a fruit fanatic and this is a healthy “dessert” she can have. Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!

4. Paula says

This such an awesome recipe. I must try this this weekend. This was such a wonderful post. I would love it if you would share this at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join.

Paula

ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

5. says

Lyuba, Cherry Limeade is one of my favorites and to have it in a nice refreshing pop, awesome!   Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

6. Shasta Farrar says

I just saw your pops featured at Serenity Saturday.  They look delicious  Great instructions and photos.  I’m pinning it.

Shasta @InTheOldRoad

7. says

Ooooh, this looks great and it’s going to get hot, hot, hot this week.  I might just have to break down and give these a try.  Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

8. Rachel says

Oh wow! These look so good!  Usually you are begging for more cherries in a limeade, but these you would be eating one with every bite!  I am sharing this now on facebook and pinterest. Thanks, Lyuba!

9. Paint Speckled Pawprints says

These looks so amazing!  Thank you for sharing them with us at our Summer BBQ Bash.  I’ll be featuring them tomorrow!

1. […] Before I tell you how easy these were to make, I must share something about myself. I am a perfectionist at work and pride myself on being organized and thorough. When I get in the kitchen, this trait goes out the window! I’m a mess, the kitchen is a mess, and whatever I’m making usually looks like a mess once complete. Even though these pops were easy to make and assemble, the process to get there was not so pretty (picture cherry juice everywhere), which is why you won’t see step-by-step pictures. If you need those, refer to the original post that inspired me. […]