1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
3/4 cup of cream of coconut
1 cup of milk
2 1/4 cups of flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
|This is the cream of coconut I like to use.|
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
10 oz of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of cream of coconut
2-3 cups of powdered sugar
*1 cup of coconut flakes, if making coconut covered cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Place the cupcake liners in the 12-cup muffin pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
3. Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
4. With mixer running, drizzle in the oil, then cream of coconut and beat until all well combined.
5. Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk. Start and end with dry ingredients.
6. Divide the batter between the muffin pan cups. It should fill them all 3/4 of the way.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting. Repeat with remaining batter.
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter, on medium-high speed, until well combined and white.
2. Slowly pour in the cream of coconut, while the mixer s running on medium. Beat until combined.
3. Lower the mixer to low speed and slowly add the sugar. When the sugar is incorporated, set the mixer to medium and beat for 2-3 more minutes, until white and fluffy.
**If you are making baseball cupcakes, separate the frosting in batches and mix in the colors separately. (leaving most of the frosting white)
4. Frost the cupcakes and decorate. If you are making coconut covered cupcakes, place the coconut flakes into a bowl and dip each cupcake into the coconut flakes.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?