I have a luscious Valentine’s Day recipe for you! Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites! Indulgent bites of peanut butter cheesecake mixed with Ghirardelli chocolate chips and covered in sweet and smooth Ghirardelli melted chocolate!
Before I start, I need to go pop one of these bad boys in my mouth!…
Oh yea…much better!
Mmmm, peanut butter and chocolate! Whoever came up with that, did the world a favor. Such a beautiful flavor combination and it’s even better in a form of a smooth cheesecake. These little bites will send you straight to dessert heaven! The best part is that you can easily make them at home.
**Hint to men: Yes, you can make these little pieces of chocolate/peanut butter goodness all by yourself and your special Valentine will be very appreciative! A million point will go to you for the effort and the taste! As much as chocolates cost on V-day, these homemade cheesecake bites also have a bonus perk on costing you around $10.
Let’s talk about Ghirardelli chocolate for a minute. I’m a sucker for their chocolate. I just love the taste of it, it’s nothing like any other ones out there. It’s it’s smooth, silky and not too sweet. The same flavor goes for their baking chocolate goodies. Ghirardelli baking chips and bars are made with their famous 60% cacao chips, made with a proprietary blend of quality ingredients and provide premium options for all the baking needs. I love that the fine grind created a smooth texture for easy melting and dipping. Their chocolate melts have a much thinner, smoother consistency, which is perfect for a flawless coverage.
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- ½ cup of peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ cup of Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Ghirardelli dark candy making & dipping wafers (melted)
- In a bowl on an electric mixer (you can use a hand-held mixer as well), combine the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. Mix on medium to medium-high for about 2 minutes, until the consistently is lighter in color and lighter in texture.
- Chop and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for about an hour or two.
- Cover a large cutting board with a sheet of parchment paper. Scoop the cheesecake dough with a standard cookie scoop onto the parchment paper (make sure to leave some space in between).
- Pop them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Melt the chocolate melts according to the package instructions.
- Using a toothpick (or a fork) dip the cheesecake bites into chocolate, covering them completely (you can smooth over the cheesecake bites with your hands before dipping). Lay them back on the parchment paper. Give the chocolate a few minutes to harden.
- Store in the refrigerator!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.