“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.“
Simple and delicious dinner that will please your whole family. Tasty chicken baked with a mixture of broccoli, cheese and cheesy cracker crumbs on top. Finger-licking-good!
This is a great way to have kids finish their dinner and lick the plate. Come to think of it, this is the dish that got me to start liking broccoli many moons ago. Yes, this is a magic dish!
My little man is not yet adventurous enough to even consider trying this dish with broccoli being so visible and all out in a open. I anticipate him not being ready for a long, long time considering how picky he’s been. So this is a perfect dish for mom and dad to enjoy because I can take most of the same ingredients and make a nice broccoli cheese soup for the kiddo. Win, win and amazingly delicious!
For this dish, I used my favorite Horizon Organic products, shredded cheddar cheese, heavy whipping cream and butter. All tasty and perfect for a delicious family meal. A little too tasty, “eat cheese out of the bag with a spoon” kind of tasty.
I’m usually pretty well stocked on Horizon Organic products. I send their individual chocolate milks with my son’s lunch every day. He loves it and I love it. It’s low fat milk, tasty and loaded with DHA Omega-3. I also use Horizon Organic American cheese singles for his favorite sandwich, ooey-gooey grilled cheese.
Broccoli Cheese Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese regular is fine too
- 1 cup broken crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and season them with some salt and pepper. (You can also cut chicken in half instead of butterflying it if you want smaller portions.)
- Chop broccoli florets and add them to a mixing bowl. Add cheese, heavy cream, melted butter and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Place chicken in the casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken and spread broccoli/cheese mixture over the top. Spread crushed crackers over the top.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Make sure to visit Horizon Organic Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for news and recipes!
This conversation is sponsored by Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.