Scrumptious buffalo chicken dinner made into individual pot pies. Little pots stuffed with a delicious mixture of shredded chicken, cauliflower, celery, creamy buffalo sauce mixture and baked with flaky pastry on top.
Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie
So it just hit me this week that I’ve been blogging here for 5 years! Wow…5 years! It was actually 5 years on February 11th but I totally forgot. Shhh, noone tell my blog or I have a hissy fit coming. I can’t believe how fast time is flying by. Five years ago, my baby was only 1, I was still working as a paralegal, I wasn’t even thinking about grad school yet. So many things were different. Life changes so fast and so unexpectedly. I feel lucky that it’s been mostly for the good.
So I noticed that I missed my anniversary because I was making these buffalo chicken pot pies and I realized that I haven’t made a buffalo chicken recipe in a very long time. I was looking over all my buffalo recipes and they are old and a little embarrassing. The photos are a little embarrassing actually. Three of my most favorite recipes were done in my first year of blogging. Let’s just say, the pictures were taken with my little broken point-and-shoot camera.
After looking at my old photos, I decided that it was time to make all those tasty treats again. What I didn’t expect was to make so many in one day. I was having a very good light day, it was that perfect combination of slight overcast with plenty of light. Love those days. So I remade and re-shot Buffalo Chicken Nachos, Buffalo Chicken Wrap, and Buffalo Chicken Salad…all in one day. It was a perfect day filled with buffalo chicken goodies.
Make sure to subscribe for free e-mail newsletter and follow me through social media channels to keep up with the recipes!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie
- 1.5 lbs chicken
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 Egg white whisked
- 4 individual oven-safe pots that fit at least 1 cup of filling
- Preheat oil in a cooking pan over medium heat. Add chicken and season it with some salt. Cook, covered until mostly done. Take off the lid and cook uncovered until completely done. Take out and set aside to cool until it can be handled.
- Add chopped cauliflower to the same pan you cooked chicken. Season with some salt and cook until a bit softened. Take off heat.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using two forks, shred chicken and add it to a medium bowl.
- Add cauliflower, celery, green onion, buffalo sauce and sour cream to the bowl. Mix well and season to taste with some salt.
- Divide chicken mixture between four pots.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry into four equal squares. Top each pot with a square of puff pastry.
- Brush each pastry sheet with some egg white.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes from Recipe Runner
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Potato Casserole from Creole Contessa
Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes from The Creative Bite
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip from Spend With Pennies
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: