Insanely delicious, gooey, minty brownies that will fly away from the pan. These heavenly marshmallow brownies are made with peppermint flavors and loaded with marshmallow PEEPS®, which makes them super soft and gooey.
“It’s, Christmas time! It’s Christmas time!” “Jingle Bells…Jingle Bells…riding on a sleigh…” That’s all I’ve been hearing around the house, every day starting at 7 am. I’ve been waking up to the sound of my 6-year-old singing Christmas song in his room for the past week. It’s adorable now but I have a suspecting feeling that it might cross over to “enough Christmas already” in a couple of weeks. For now, I will enjoy the adorable part.
We decorated our tree the day after Thanksgiving because that’s when we finally let ourselves get into the Christmas spirit. No matter how much we love Christmas, we just really don’t feel like jumping into it the second Halloween is over. But, once Thanksgiving passes, all bets are off! It’s hot cocoa time (even in the 80 degree weather), decorating time and of course, it’s Christmas baking time. Our apartment smells like a mixture of peppermint, gingerbread and cookies all month long. It’s only been a few days, but I’ve already made some cranberry, gingerbread and lots of peppermint treats. These brownies were our favorite peppermint treats so far.
Never have I had brownies fly off the baking pan so fast. (Yes, I may be responsible for a good chunk of it too.) Little man couldn’t get over the adorable little PEEPS® marshmallow snowman. I couldn’t get over how cute these little holiday marshmallow treat are either. I have a confession to make, I honestly thought that PEEPS® were only around Easter. I had no clue that there are all kinds of holiday marshmallow goodies. You should have seen my little man’s face when he saw the package of these snowman. I almost had to put a gate on the kitchen doorway just so I could finish the brownies. These snowman are just too cute with their little top hats and candy canes but these holiday PEEPS® also come in a form of a decorated Christmas trees. I can’t wait to get my hands on some peppermint PEEPS® too.
I know that your kiddos (and grown ups too, judging by my husband’s reaction) will love these brownies and all the holiday marshmallow PEEPS®. That’s why I have an exclusive discount code specially for you, it’s valid for 20% off your next purchase (no minimum required), from now through Thursday, December 31.
Gooey Peppermint Marshmallow Brownies
- 10 Tbsp. butter
- 2 3.5 oz. bars of Peppermint bark
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup of water
- 1½ cups of flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 3 3/8 oz. pack of PEEPS® marshmallow snowman chopped
- 12 PEEPS® marshmallow snowman whole (Little more than one 3 3/8 oz. pack, 9 per pack)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Melt butter, peppermint bark and chocolate chips in a double boiler, on medium heat. Slowly stir constantly. Once everything is evenly melted, take off heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Transfer to the large mixing bowl to cool down a little bit so you don’t cook the eggs.
- Once cooled, add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Add peppermint extract and water.
- Sift in flour and baking soda. Whisk until all evenly incorporated.
- Fold in chopped PEEPS® marshmallow man into the batter until all evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45-48 minutes.
- Let brownies cool for 5-10 minutes and lay snowman on top, evenly, 3 per row. (Little tip: brush off as much sugar as you can off the bottom of each snowman so it melts some and sticks to the brownie better.) That way, when you cut the brownies, you will get a snowman per brownie.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by PEEPS®. All opinions, photographs and text are 100% my own.