Easy and delicious Homemade Cranberry Jam. This simple cranberry jam is made with only 4 ingredients and makes a perfect addition to many breakfast dishes.
Cranberries are such a wonderful fruit with many health benefits. I love the tart and sweet flavor of cranberries when they’re baked in desserts and baked goods.
There is always a bag of cranberries in my fridge in the winter and when I make sure to freeze some for the off-season. During the winter months, I like to make some simple cranberry jam for breakfast. This is a delicious and easy seasonal jam.
Cranberries are not only delicious, they are also very healthy and considered superfood. Cranberries are full of vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin K. Cranberries outrank almost every fruit and vegetable when it comes to antioxidants.
So for breakfast, substitute store-bought strawberry jam for this vitamin packed cranberry jam!
What else can be added to the cranberry jam:
To change up the flavor a little, try using a pear instead of apple.
During holiday time, I like to spice up this cranberry jam with cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. The aroma and flavor is just perfect to put everyone in Christmas mood.
Add some orange zest and squeeze a little orange juice for additional flavor.
How to serve cranberry jam:
Serve this cranberry jam on toast, bagels, muffins, fresh baked sweet bread.
Add some to oatmeal.
Cranberry jam can also be added to fudge, cookies, cheesecake, and sweet creamy dips.
Some more cranberry ideas:
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Homemade Cranberry Jam
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large apple peeled, cored, diced
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, mix, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and gently simmer, stirring frequently, for 45-60 minutes. Keep covered while simmering, leaving only a little crack for the steam to escape. Make sure it simmers gently. Stir from time to time.
- Transfer into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Let cool completely and transfer to a medium jar. Once completely cooled, close with a lid tight and refrigerate.
- Without canning process, this jam will last about 6 weeks in the refrigerator.