These honey pumpkin biscuits are great to serve with breakfast. They are soft, fluffy, and drizzled with honey. Serve a plate of these biscuits with some butter and hot tea, and it would be the only thing you will need for breakfast.
Honey Pumpkin Biscuits
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. white granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter cold
- 2 Tbsp. shortening cold
- 1 cup buttermilk cold
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Additional flour for kneading
- Additional honey for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low to combine ingredients.
- Chop cold butter into pieces and add it to the flour mixture. Add scoops of shortening into flour as well. Mix on low, until batter resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour cold buttermilk into the center of the mixture and add pumpkin puree and honey. Mix until just combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with a little more flour. Knead dough 5–6 times and pat into a ½-inch-thick circle.
- Using a cookie cutter (about 2 inches in diameter), cut out the biscuits. Rework dough scraps into a ball (kneading it as little as possible) and shape it into a circle again. Cut out more biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the baking sheet, leaving about an inch in between each one.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until raised and golden brown.
- Drizzle with honey while still warm.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)