These honey pumpkin biscuits are great to serve with breakfast. They are soft, fluffy, and drizzled with honey. Serve a plate of these biscuits with some butter and hot tea, and it would be the only thing you will need for breakfast.
Honey Pumpkin Biscuits
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. white granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter cold
- 2 Tbsp. shortening cold
- 1 cup buttermilk cold
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Additional flour for kneading
- Additional honey for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low to combine ingredients.
- Chop cold butter into pieces and add it to the flour mixture. Add scoops of shortening into flour as well. Mix on low, until batter resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour cold buttermilk into the center of the mixture and add pumpkin puree and honey. Mix until just combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with a little more flour. Knead dough 5–6 times and pat into a ½-inch-thick circle.
- Using a cookie cutter (about 2 inches in diameter), cut out the biscuits. Rework dough scraps into a ball (kneading it as little as possible) and shape it into a circle again. Cut out more biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the baking sheet, leaving about an inch in between each one.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until raised and golden brown.
- Drizzle with honey while still warm.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)