Beautiful summer holiday daiquiri made with fresh berries, rum and whipped cream. Simple summer drink, simple fresh ingredients and perfect for summer celebrations.
I can’t believe how fast summer is going by. It seems like it just started and here we are, 4th of July is only a couple weeks away! It’s time to plan backyard parties or find out which of your friends are having some good parties.
Now, what makes a good barbecue party? Food and drinks of course. Yes, yes, and some fireworks. Best part is when you can find a good party close enough to where the big fireworks are scheduled to happen. Oh yea, that’s the place to be on July 4th.
Food, drinks and fireworks definitely makes a good Fourth of July party. These fresh Skinny Red White and Blue Daiquiris will definitely be the best way to refresh at your barbecue party.
My favorite part is that it’s made with frozen berries instead of any old mix and ice. I always make frozen berries or fruit in blended cocktails. It’s just so much better. Freezing fresh berries helps you preserve all those vitamins and it always better than using a mix. It’s like a boozy berry smoothie.
**You can easily make these daiquiris non-alcoholic, simply by eliminating rum. If you eliminate rum, just add a little more water or the drink will be too thick. **
Layered Berry Daiquiri: Skinny Red White and Blue Daiquiri
- 1 cup frozen chopped strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 oz light rum
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Whipped cream homemade or store bought
- Prepare your berries ahead of time by chopping strawberries and placing strawberries and blueberries into separate, freezer-friendly zip-lock bags. Freeze them for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- You won't need to use ice since the berries are frozen.
- First, pulse strawberries with 1 oz of rum, 2 Tbsp water and half the simple syrup.
- Quickly pulse blueberries with 1 oz of rum, 2 Tbsp water and the other half the simple syrup in another blender or another blender cup.
- Add some whipped cream to the bottom of the glass. Carefully and evenly pour blueberry part over whipped cream.
- (You can use a spoon to scoop out the berry mixture instead of pouring it.)
- Add some more whipped cream over blueberry mixture and pour strawberry mixture over the top.
- Garnish with more whipped cream and berries if desired.
- **If you want to make a batch of your own Whipped Cream, use 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 Tbsp. sugar. Pour cold heavy whipping cream into the cold mixing bowl. Starting at low speed, start whisking, gradually raise to speed to high. Slowly pour in the sugar. Beat until stiff peaks appear (don't walk away far). Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!