*I made my Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars and KRAFT Mac & Cheese Star Wars Boxed Shapes #Youknowyouloveit *
Fun and easy meal idea that can easily be made into a snack or dinner. Easy, cheesy macaroni and cheese baked in mini pepperoni cups.
Do your kids run straight for the fridge or the pantry as soon as they get home from school?
Mine sure does. He barely takes off his shoes and makes a beeline for some snacks. There are a couple of reasons why he is so hungry when he gets home from school. First, lunch at school is just too early in the morning. I still don’t understand how they expect kids to be hungry at 10:30 am. But that is their lunch time and there is not much we can do about it. Another reason is that little boogie is so darn picky when it comes to food, I can only send a few things for lunch with him. And even then, he doesn’t eat his whole lunch.
So, of course, he is hungry when he gets home from school. I like to have a nice snack for him that is satisfying but not too filling since dinner is not far away. These Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups are one of the fun snack ideas that I like to make. To tell you the truth, I like them just as much as he does. These Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups are warm, cheesy and just so tasty. They are very satisfying and keep you comfortable until dinner.
I make these Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups using Kraft Mac & Cheese Dinner for quick and easy preparation. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner is a good option because the boxed shapes have no artificial flavors, preservatives, or synthetic colors. This fun Star Wars collection features Yoda, Darth Vader, R2D2, and C3PO on the box and the macaroni shapes as well. My little guy loves picking out shapes and questioning which character is which.
When making these Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups, I omit butter completely, use whole milk and add some shredded cheddar cheese for extra cheesiness. I also recommend using deli sliced pepperoni because of the size. If you use packaged pepperoni, they will be way too small to form a cup.
You can also serve these Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups for dinner with a nice side salad or green vegetables, like broccoli or green beans.
Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups
- 1 5.5 oz box of Kraft macaroni and cheese plus packet inside
- 6 cups of water for boiling pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/2 cup finely shredded triple cheddar cheese mix
- 15 slices of deli sandwich pepperoni*
- Cook pasta al dente in boiling water. Drain very well and set back into the pot.
- Add milk, shredded cheddar and packet cheese mix. Stir slowly for a few minutes, until nice and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease mini muffin pan with baking spray. Place 1 slice of pepperoni in each mini cup to form a pepperoni cup.
- Spoon the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner into prepared pepperoni cups.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Take out the muffin pan and let it rest about 10 minutes before taking out the Mini Pizza Mac and Cheese Cups.
**Use deli sliced pepperoni because of the size. It should be big enough to make a cup.**
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!