Today, I want to share a great pasta dish that was inspired by All You Magazine. It’s a pasta salad that’s made with shrimp, veggies and fresh, homemade pesto!
I get my recipe inspiration from every little aspect of my life. Sometimes, I would be laying in bed, trying to go to sleep and an awesome idea would pop in my head. I’ve started keeping a notepad by my bed so I can write down all the ideas. I also have a desktop full of post-its. Too many ideas swirling in my head!
This is my latest idea that was actually inspired by a great magazine. I get All You Magazine almost every month at Target. It’s a great little magazines that’s like several magazines in one.
Full of recipe ideas,
Loaded with coupons,
Fashion and decorating,
Fun stuff like games and horoscope,
Exercise Health tips,
Money saving tips!
What inspired me most about the July issue, is their pasta 101 article. It’s a several-page spread that talks about different pasta types and tips on cooking each pasta. It also has a recipe for each pasta type that they cover. I can’t wait to try their tortellini recipe and rice noodle recipe.
I just got a bowl of fresh basil from my herb garden and I knew that I just had to make a pesto pasta salad. Since it’s summer, vegetables make a perfect addition to pasta and potato salads. Shrimp make an ideal compliment this pasta salad!
Nothing can be better than a pasta salad made with fresh veggies, shrimp and homemade pesto!
Shrimp And Veggie Pesto Pasta Salad
- Makes about 3/4 cup of pesto
- 2 cups basil leaves packed
- 2 large gloves of garlic
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil may need to add a little more after blended
- Pasta Salad:
- 6 oz Cellentani pasta uncooked, makes about 3 cups cooked
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1/2 tbs chopped dill weed
- 1/2 tbs olive oil to cook the veggies
- 6 oz raw medium shrimp
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tbs olive oil to cook the shrimp
- 2 tbs grapeseed oil or olive oil
- salt pepper
- 3 tbs of pesto
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
- Chop and saute the vegetables with some salt, pepper and dill weed. Add the cooked veggies to the pasta.
- Cook the shrimp with minced garlic and a little bit of salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pasta.
- In the medium bowl, mix pasta, shrimp and veggies. Add 3 tbs of pesto, 2 tbs of oil and some salt and pepper. Mix well.
- This pasta salad can be served cold or warm as a pasta bowl.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure to pick up an issue of All You Magazine next time you are at the store. I love all the savings that comes out of this magazine. I’m not just talking about the coupons but also the great tips on money saving. There are tips on saving money while dress shopping, planning dinner, crafting, decorating and…….
A list of Apps for saving money!! I tried a couple so far and they rock.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!