1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
4-5 medium red potatoes, peeled and chopped for easier cooking
2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
2 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
2 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1. In a small saucepan, bring water to boil. Add the salt, pepper and bay leaf. Cook the potatoes water until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Use the same water to add the pepper slices and cook until pliable, about 3-4 minutes; take out, set aside.
3. Drain the potatoes, leaving 2 tablespoons cooking water on the bottom.
4. Add the Country Crock Spread, sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until the ingredients are blended soft.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, mold a scoop of potatoes into a half sphere on a plate. Add pepper strips to resemble laces. Cut strips of pepper into smaller 1/4-inch pieces to make cross-stitches. Repeat until all potatoes and peppers are gone.
What recipe do you want to make for your kids??
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?