Compensation was provided by General Mills via Federated Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.
For more easy dinner ideas, visit http://progresso.com/Products/Recipe-Starters
I have a wonderful dinner to share with you! It’s Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Dish and it will knock your socks off! Made with rotini pasta, chicken, ham, aged Swiss cheese, Progresso creamy roasted garlic sauce and it is ready in 30 minutes!
Oh boy, was it a crazy week last week! My professor had to change the date for our final exam and it turned out to be on the same day as our final paper was due. It was crazy trying to cram in studying for the final and working on the term paper on top of my regular work and family for two weeks. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seem my crazy study time posts. I couldn’t see my desk from all the books piled on it.
On top of everything, my little man had a field trip ON THE SAME DAY as my final and paper due date! Luck was just not on my side. It was a good field trip too, I could not pass it up. Our school arranged for the pre-K classes to go to the movies to see RIO 2. They had the theater all to themselves and it was little man’s first time at the movies. We couldn’t not go. I’m so glad that he did well for his first trip to the movies.
With all my school craziness, I’ve been slacking in the kitchen. I’ve either been too exhausted to cook or just didn’t have time. For the days that I was short on time, I was happy to have a few of these Progresso sauces on hand.
We all have those days when we only have a few minutes to make dinner. These sauces are perfect for those busy days. These are many different flavors and so many possibilities for dinner, you don’t have to make the same thing over and over. These Progresso Recipe Starters are also perfect for a slow cooker.
For this recipe, I used Creamy Roasted Garlic sauce. This dish was so quick and easy but that’s not enough. It had to taste great too…and it did! I had to pull hubby away by the ears so that he doesn’t finish everything before we got a chance to have some.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of dry rotini pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ medium yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ lb diced honey ham
- 2 oz aged Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 9 oz package of Progresso Recipe Starter sauce, creamy roasted garlic
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package and set aside.
- Pre-heat a saute pan on medium heat and add the oil.
- Cube chicken breasts into ½-inch cubes and saute it with sliced onion until almost done.
- Add diced ham and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add pasta and sauce to the pan. Stir well until all evenly covered with sauce.
- Add parsley and salt it to taste.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in grated aged Swiss cheese and serve.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!