*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.*
Such a perfect treat on a hot summer day! Homemade Coconut Creamy Popsicles are made with fresh shaved coconut, coconut milk and vanilla paste for a flavor burst!
I realized something a little while ago, I make so many fruit popsicles every week but I am yet to make creamy popsicles! What gives?
I really needed to remedy that because creamy ones are my favorite. I often get creamy coconut popsicles from the store but I have never made them myself. I wanted to experiment with making them out of Silk Coconut milk and fresh coconut. It came out amazing!
Silk Coconut milk is very light in flavor and I wanted to capture that in a popsicle. They turned out very light, with crisp flavor and not overly sweet. It’s much more refreshing this way. But, if you do like them to be sweet, just taste the mixture before freezing to see if you need more sugar.
I really wanted the coconut flavor of these pops to be authentic and strong. I decided to make coconut flakes from fresh coconut. It might take a little extra time but the flavor is amazing, and it’s actually really easy. All you have to do is open the coconut. Bake the two halves (still in the shell) at 400 for about 20 minutes. The meat of the coconut will start peeling off of the shell. Pry all the meat from the shell with a butter knife and peel off the outer, brown skin with a potato peeler. Finally, shred coconut on a large grater. You can freeze remaining shredded coconut in an air-tight freezer bag.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Coconut Vanilla Creamy Popsicles
Homemade Coconut Creamy Popsicles are made with fresh shaved coconut, coconut milk and vanilla paste for a flavor burst!
- 3 cups Silk Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut flakes
- 1 tsp Vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean
- 2 Tbsp sugar more if desired
- Prepare coconut flakes: open the coconut. Bake the two halves (still in the shell) at 400 for about 20 minutes. The meat of the coconut will start peeling off of the shell. Pry all the meat from the shell and peel off the outer, brown skin with a potato peeler. Shred coconut on a large grater. Set the desired amount aside in a mixing bowl. You can freeze the remaining coconut.
- In a small sauce pot, combine coconut milk, sugar and vanilla. Heat it up but don't boil.
- Pour hot coconut milk mixture in a bowl with coconut flakes. Mix well and let it stand to cool completely.
- Once it's cooled, divide the mixture among the popsicle molds and try to get even amount of coconut shavings and milk.
- Cover each mold with saran wrap and poke popsicle stick through. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
HERE are the details about Silk Newsletter promotion! When you sign up, you will receive:
-$0.75 off any Silk half gallon
– More coupons plus a special birthday offer
– News of Silk sweepstakes and promotions
– Monthly chances to win a year’s supply of Silk (how awesome is this?)
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.*
More Popsicle Ideas:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!