Summer’s perfect refreshment is an ice-cold, delicious drink. This refreshing Raspberry Key Lime Italian Soda is homemade and very easy. Made with fresh raspberry-lime syrup and soda water, this is the favorite drink to serve with summer fun outside.
Summer is finally here and that means spending lots of time outside, relaxing, and enjoying the beautiful weather. Even if we’re not going to the pool or beach, I like to kick my feet up and sit on the porch. Spring is the best time for that before the weather gets too scorching.
Pools are my favorite tho. In Florida, I am genuinely horrified by any body of water, even the man-made little ponds in our neighborhood. Rightfully so because there are gators and snakes all over the place. Last year, there was a good size gator found in one of those little ponds in our neighborhood. I won’t even go fishing in one of those.
Pool seems like the safest place to chill for the kids. Beach is good too but you know…sharks. Pools are a great way to beat the heat and if one of the friends has a pool in their house, that’s where all the kids will be spending the days.
All you need now is a bunch of refreshing drinks and frozen treats. Homemade Raspberry Key Lime Italian Sodas will be very popular with the kids and adults. First of all, it’s a tasty soda so you know kids will love it. Second of all, it’s made with homemade syrup out of fresh raspberries, so adults will enjoy that fact. No artificial flavors and added vitamins.
These sodas are very easy to make and they can easily be made into Italian Cream Soda with just adding a little bit of whipped cream on top. Make an extra batch of raspberry sauce and keep in the fridge for the week too.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ITALIAN SODA:
Start by making the syrup. Combine berries and sugar in a sauce pot and heat it up over medium heat.
Then, add key lime zest, juice, and water to the pot. Cover and simmer for a few minutes.
Smash berries with a wooden spoon and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for just a few more minutes.
Strain the syrup through a fine strainer to get rid of the seeds and solids.
Refrigerate the syrup until ready to use and use solids in the pancakes of waffles.
This recipe makes about a cup and a half of syrup, which is good for 9-12 8-oz drinks, depending on how sweet you like them.
Remember that you can always double and triple the recipe for a big party.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Float Party and Raspberry Key Lime Italian SodaPrint Rate
- 1 lb raspberries
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 5 key limes
- 1/3 cup water
- Club Soda
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, combine raspberries and sugar. Mix well.
- Zest key limes and add zest to the pot.
- Add juice of key limes as well and mix well. Cover with a lid but don't walk away.
- After a couple of minutes on heat, start mashing the berries with a wooden spoon. Mash all the berries well.
- Add water and mix well. Cover with a lid, lower the heat to medium-low and keep berry mixture simmering for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often. (Don't walk away because berries tend to raise and simmer over when cooking. If it happens, just raise the lid a little to let the steam out.)
- Strain the mixture through a fine strainer to remove the seeds and solids.
- Refrigerate the syrup until ready to use. Use cooled syrup in drinks.
- Fill the glasses with club soda, about 3/4 way up. Add about 2 tbs of raspberry syrup per glass (more if you like it sweeter.)
- (This recipe makes about a cup and a half of syrup, which is good for 9-12 8-oz drinks, depending on how sweet you like them.)Feel free to double the recipe for parties.
**This post was originally posted on Will Cook For Smiles in June, 2013.